New Job Assistant Property Manager In Washington
|Assistant Property Manager|
Assistant Property Manager
Company : Seattle Housing Authority
Salary : $25.50 - $31.02 an hour
Location : Washington
Assistant Property Manager - We offer competitive salary, great benefits, and work that matters to our community.
The Organization: The mission of the Seattle Housing Authority is to enhance the community by creating and sustaining decent, safe, and affordable living environments that foster stability and self-sufficiency for people with low incomes.
At Seattle Housing Authority a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and tenants, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, are valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all our departments, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We encourage women, non-traditional leaders, people of color, and people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
The Seattle Housing Authority has a COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Policy (Download PDF reader) that requires all regular, part-time, and temporary employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of its workplace and community. New hires must provide proof to SHA Human Resources by their first day of employment that they are fully vaccinated. Individuals with a qualifying medical or religious reason may submit a request for exemption.
The Position: We are looking for an assistant property manager who can administer and implement policies, conduct interviews, lease units, and support the daily operations of the community. This is a full-time project position with an estimated end date of December 31, 2023.
The Compensation: The pay rate is $25.50 – 31.02 per hour.
We offer medical, dental, vision insurance, and Public Employees' Retirement (PERS).
- We also offer generous paid leave and holidays.
- Proof of vaccination on first day of employment – Please read the Vaccination Policy (Download PDF reader) for a full understanding of what is required
- Two years of work experience in non-profit public service, social services, human services, housing programs or related field
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus one year of college level course work in Business, Property Management, Social Services, or related fields; OR may substitute an additional year of relevant work experience for the year of college level course work
- Valid Washington driver's license with insurable driving record
- Monitor eligibility and payment schedule of residents, including coordinating reviews of resident income, processing and recording rent payments, and processing resident charges
- Assist with leasing processes, including initiating and processing lease changes for residents, coordinating move-ins, and providing necessary information for new residents
- Maintain a safe community by processing resident complaints and enforcing community guidelines, including initiating corrective action when necessary
- Maintain a safe community by taking appropriate action in the event of emergency situations and crises and by providing coverage for communities when necessary due to absences
- Conduct housekeeping and safety inspections and annual re-inspections according to established policies and procedures, including following up on lease violations and safety concerns
- Coordinate issuance, completion, and tracking of ADA/504 requests and forms and submit them to the Senior Property Manager and/or Property Manager
- Ensure that residents’ needs are met by referring to appropriate community agencies
- Help the department meet initiatives and goals by participating in the development and implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures, and continuous improvement of service delivery
- Attend all required trainings and safety meetings
- Perform related duties as assigned, particularly in the absence of other employees
The Location: Yesler Terrace, Seattle, WA 98104
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- Reasonable hours
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
Job Type: Full-time