New Job Assistant Counsel 1 In Pennsylvania
|Assistant Counsel 1|
Assistant Counsel 1
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $60,362 - $91,678 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) has an opening for an Assistant Counsel 1 in the Bureau of Investigation and Enforcement with an excellent medical benefit program. If you are a highly motivated individual that values integrity, teamwork and trust, then apply today!
This position represents the Bureau of Investigation and Enforcement in the prosecution of cases involving any and all utility areas for violation of the Public Utility Code and the Code of Federal Regulations before Commission Administrative Law Judges and Mediators. The successful candidate is responsible for the review of informal and formal investigations and other documents in order to determine the proper Investigation and Enforcement (I&E) response. Other responsibilities include:
- Preparing research, analysis and recommendations on a variety of issues involving informal and formal investigations, administrative procedure, evidence and trial practice.
- Evaluating the relative merits of legal positions and present such positions, preparing data requests and settlement agreements.
- Preparing interrogatories and presenting witnesses and exhibits.
- Cross-examining witnesses and analyzing evidence, making oral argument and filing motions, briefs, exceptions and other pleadings as necessary for the prosecution of cases.
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Lunch Period: 1 Hour
You will be expected to work from home (telework) full-time and may be directed to report to headquarters on an as-needed-basis. You must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
Graduation from an approved school of law and certificate of admission to the Bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, or preparatory steps to become a member thereof. Continued employment is conditional upon the obtaining of such certificate of admission.
- Possession of a certificate of admission to the Bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania; or
- Eligibility for a certificate of admission to the Bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania; or
- Possession of a certificate of admission to the bar of the highest court of another state, with preparatory steps taken to become a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.