New Job State Program Administrator, Coordinator - Careerforce Systems Operations Coordinator In Minnesota
|State Program Administrator, Coordinator - CareerForce Systems Operations Coordinator|
State Program Administrator, Coordinator - CareerForce Systems Operations Coordinator
Company : State of Minnesota
Salary : $31.70 - $47.14 an hour
Location : Minnesota
Our state’s economy is diverse and dynamic, enriched by creative entrepreneurs, established Fortune 500 companies, and a labor force that brings the Minnesota values of hard work and integrity to work every day. The unique role of DEED is to empower businesses and workers to grow our economy by building partnerships, planning for long term growth, and creating opportunity for workers from all backgrounds and experiences.
We are driven to find talented and innovative public servants, motivated by the opportunity to serve businesses, people, and the greater good. At DEED you will join a diverse team, inspired by challenging work and united by shared values that guide our work every day.
At DEED we live our values by; focusing on the customer, communicating early and often, seeking solutions, creating inclusion, encouraging new ideas, and being gracious.
Job Class: State Program Administrator, Coordinator
Working Title: CareerForce Systems Operations Coordinator
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 10/09/2021
- Closing Date: 11/02/2021
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Employ & Econ Development Dept / Employ & Economic Dev-MAPE
- Division/Unit: Comm Off/Support Branch / CO Admin Services
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $31.70 - $47.14/hourly; $66,189 - $98,428/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Professional
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This is an opportunity to play a central role in the State of Minnesota’s CareerForce system, which supports the critical work of providing career development and talent matching resources.
This position exists to support the infrastructure of Minnesota’s CareerForce system. The incumbent is primarily responsible for leading coordination among DEED CareerForce partners in the negotiation of funding agreements for each CareerForce location with a DEED presence. This position is also responsible for providing operations-related technical assistance to all CareerForce system partners; coordinating development and implementation of compliance and operational policies and practices; tracking and communicating, and coordinating response to federal and state legislative policy changes as necessary. The position will also lead coordination among all CareerForce system partners to ensure compliance with necessary items such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and relevant equal opportunity laws and regulations.
If you enjoy complexity and being the one to mind the details, while building relationships with many stakeholders, this could be the position for you!
To receive credit for your education and experience, your resume should clearly describe how you meet each minimum and preferred qualification listed, including dates of employment.
Three (3) years of professional experience* in program management, program coordination, program administration related positions as determined by the agency
- Bachelor's degree in business, program management, or other closely related field as determined by the agency may substitute one year of experience; master’s degree substitutes for 18 months of experience; PhD substitutes for 24 months of experience
Experience must include:
- Cooperatively working and communicating, persuading, negotiating, and building consensus with a wide variety of people with diverse backgrounds in management, professional, and technical professions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with project planning principals
Communication skills to:
- Explain complex technical, scientific, political, and fiscal matters to the staff and officials of local government units and the public
- Present, discuss, and explain controversial matters in a professional manner
- Conduct public speaking engagements in an interesting and informative presentation approach
- Work independently without close supervision to meet established timetables, quality standards and complete program objectives
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of infrastructure funding agreements and other necessary agreements
- Facilitate groups, and resolve conflict with divergent groups across program work; and to establish and maintain effective relationships with a variety of clientele, including state, local, and federal agency staff, board members, and elected officials
- Evaluate, interpret, and develop sound recommendations for relevant, complex technical and operational issues
- DEED's programs, including programs operated at partner CareerForce Centers
- Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- State budget, federal funding, and procurement procedures
Experience with negotiating complex agreements
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you. Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance and education. It includes contact with the applicant's current and/or former employers.
A Criminal Background Check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. A criminal conviction will not automatically remove you from consideration for employment.
When the position requires travel and the applicant drives a state owned or leased vehicle, a driver's license record check will be conducted.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position contact Nicole Genord at [email protected]
Connect 700 (C700) applicants must email their certificate to [email protected] by 11:59PM of the posting close date to be considered as a C700 applicant.
The Department of Employment and Economic Development is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application and search tools, please contact Karen Lilledahl at 651-259-7089 or [email protected] Please indicate what assistance is needed.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected] Please indicate what assistance you need.