New job Service Representative in Iowa
Company : John Deere
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Iowa
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Johnston
Function: Administrative / Clerical
Title: Service Representative - 78242
This position is eligible for remote work at the present time and may be located in any state. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Service Representative – Remote Availability in the Contact Center for John Deere Financial (JDF), you will be researching and resolving inquiries received via inbound calls from customers and channel partners (dealers, merchants and sponsors) on a variety of finance products to achieve service level. In this position, you will also:
Document customer and channel interactions and enter descriptive information online in order to provide history and track issue resolution
- Onboard/train new merchants and proactively offer services, solutions and training to existing customers and channel partners
- Resolve and make business decisions on escalated and complex questions while referencing single or multiple screens and/or documents
- Troubleshoot and assist customers and channel partners on JDF websites, systems, and transaction processing
- Track trends and identify streamlined processes for customer, channel and product concerns and inform/provide feedback to appropriate departments or units
POSITION HOURS: Flexible work schedule between the hours of Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. Some Saturdays and holidays required. Upon completion of training, the assigned shift hours for this position may vary based on business needs and will be discussed further in the interview process. Training hours for this position is planned for Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 but will be discussed further in the interview process.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
- Experience working in a Call Center environment or related customer service environment
- Experience using technology and multiple computer resources simultaneously to research and resolve customer issues
- Experience independently gathering appropriate information and diagnosing the cause of a problem before taking action with the ability to make independent decisions
- Experience with negotiation, conflict resolution, along with strong attention to detail and basic math skills
- Experience adjusting to shifting priorities and continuous changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working in a team environment with the ability to earn trust and credibility completing own share of team's work and supporting team decisions
- Experience with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint) with the ability to learn computer systems quickly and apply new knowledge
- Ability to remain seated for long periods of time to perform telephone work in a call center environment
- A conducive, private in-home workspace is required to protect company and customer information along with stable, high-speed internet
What Makes You Stand Out
- Customer service experience in a financial environment
- Experience with Agriculture, Consumer or Construction/Forestry finance products and services
- Experience with technical online troubleshooting, such as helping customers reset passwords, navigate websites, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and apply 'best practices' in work and improve efficiency by eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline and/or equivalent work experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.