New Job Service Desk Manager In Washington
|Service Desk Manager|
Service Desk Manager
Company : Seattle University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Washington
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Seattle University will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholic universities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework for defining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. Seattle University strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all who learn, live and work at Seattle University.
Information Technology Services (IT Services) is seeking a Service Desk Manager, a position that requires interaction with a broad range of professionals. The ideal candidate must be an enthusiastic, flexible, well-organized, and innovative team player with strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate must have the ability to operate a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with excellent follow-through.
This position provides leadership and oversight for the IT Service Desk and reports to the Associate CIO. This includes directing the day-to-day help desk operations, classroom support (A/V & computer), event A/V support, and technical purchasing and requires simultaneously using prioritization and time management skills to balance the execution of complex assignments. IT Services is a hybrid workplace. This position will work primarily on site with regular remote days possible. The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing staff in a hybrid environment and supporting users working both on campus and remote.
The IT Service Desk consists of 12 full time staff and roughly 34 part-time student employees. Currently, the hours of operation are 7 am – 7 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am – 4 pm on weekends with urgent support available 24 x 7.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage, mentor, and lead Service Desk staff: ensure the team members are champions of customer service, manage performance enablement, make promotion and compensation decisions, and administer performance improvement plans.
- Manage activities including traditional service desk technical support, classroom A/V support, event support, and technical purchasing.
- Manages the IT knowledge base; collaborates with other groups to ensure content is accurate; ensures content is clear to users.
- Cultivate customer relationships: actively solicit feedback from, share information with, and communicate with stakeholders.
- Manages communications for the Service Desk and IT Services. Collaborates with colleagues on emails, system maintenance and outage notices, and other messaging to ensure the right message is going to the right people at the right time.
- Challenge the status quo and effect positive organizational change.
- Develop and provide key service metrics for the team and the department.
- Perform trend analyses and develop action plans for improving service timeliness and reducing costs.
- Lead development and implementation of Service Desk best practices, ITIL, and problem management to drive continual process improvement culture.
- Monitor and track system outages and problems from inception to resolution; coordinate with tier 2 and tier 3 technicians and other support departments; report progress.
- Manage on-call support outside of regular business hours, as needed.
- Acts as an escalation point for tier 1 and 2 technical staff.
Perform other duties as assigned.
About Seattle University
Seattle University, founded in 1891, is a premier private university located on 50 acres in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood. More than 7,400 students are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs within its nine schools and colleges. Awards and high rankings for academic rigor, sustainability, community service and social justice are among Seattle University's touchstones of excellence. Currently Seattle University is ranked as a top university by the Wall Street Journal and US News and World Report, and has received multiple awards for sustainability and community service. See www.SeattleU.edu for additional information.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity, and the ability to live out the university’s mission, vision, and values.
- Experience as a supervisor or a lead in an IT related help desk or customer service position.
- A combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and the ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and problem-solve within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using an ITSM application or tool for incident management, request fulfillment, problem management, and knowledge.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting Windows and Mac computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- All positions at Seattle University require a criminal history background check.
- Experience managing an IT Service Desk or Help Desk
- Proficiency with a second language
- Experience using and configuring Atlassian Jira or similar products
- ITIL/ITSM certification
- Experience using and configuring Call Center software
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuits value, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage, and plan for your future with a 5% employer contribution for retirement benefits. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
Please attach a cover letter with your resume when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.