New Job Senior Engineer, Big Data Platform In North Dakota
|Senior Engineer, Big Data Platform|
Senior Engineer, Big Data Platform
Company : Change Healthcare
Salary : Details not provided
Location : North Dakota
Senior Engineer, Big Data Analytics Cloud Platform: Hadoop, AWS/Azure
What will I be responsible for in this job?
As a Big Data Platform Engineer you will be responsible for designing and engineering for a healthcare Analytics Cloud Platform (ACP), to deliver Change Healthcare’s vision of Analytics as a Service. You will also significantly contribute to architecture for ACP. This will be done through innovation and collaboration with engineering teams and related business functions. This is a critical, highly visible role within the company that has the potential to drive significant business impact.
The scope of this role will also include collaboration with our internal teams to build, release and maintain a Big Data Analytics Cloud Platform to support Change Healthcare Products and Services that deliver analytics, insights and predictions.
What are the requirements?
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data platform engineering.
- 3+ years of experience working with distributed systems in public and private cloud environments.
- 6+ years of experience in software development building platforms, deploying and supporting them in production at scale.
- Successful track record of building, releasing and supporting in Production, Big Data platform stack for enterprise class SaaS products.
- BSCS, BSEE or equivalent, MSCS preferred.
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Experience with Big Data eco-system, various projects and their capabilities, maturity level and usage patterns.
- Experience with some or all of these open source projects and other technologies: Hadoop, AWS/Azure, NoSql Databases, in-memory caching, Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Calcite, Druid, Presto and other related projects.
- Experience with delivering and managing platform build for internet scale.
- Experience with Big Data based distributed systems, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platform/cloud architecture.
- Experience developing systems in Scala/Java, Python and Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience working with tools like Github, Gitlab, JIRA, Confluence and related tools.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience building microservices for Big Data platforms.
How much should I expect to travel?
Less than 5%.
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a Change Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the site’s health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.