New Job Public Information Coordinator In South Carolina
|Public Information Coordinator|
Public Information Coordinator
Company : State of South Carolina
Salary : $34,331 a year
Location : South Carolina
This position is located in Communications, Richland County. Supports the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services’ (SCDHHS) Office of Communications by conducting research and assisting with technical, public relations and marketing writing on activities, issues and initiatives related to SCDHHS and its mission. Plans and executes communication initiatives while providing accurate, responsive information to the public and specified audiences.
- Drafts well-written materials to be used by the agency in explaining and promoting its programs and initiatives to internal and external audiences. Drafts, reviews and edits news articles, editorials and other written materials as needed within specified timeframes. Assists in the development and editing of PowerPoints and other presentations for the agency's management team in preparation for meetings with the General Assembly and other key stakeholders. Supports public information director in collecting and drafting material to fulfill agency’s internal communications needs.
- Assists office of communications team members in agency-wide initiatives, including development of strategies, policies and implementation efforts. Assists in monitoring key progress and reporting updates to management and other interested parties. Reviews managed care organization (MCO) marketing material and other submitted material to ensure compliance with agency contracts and branding guide.
- Maintains agency’s social media accounts and supports the development of the agency’s overall social media strategy. Helps increase and improve agency’s engagement and following through Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets.
- Researches SCDHHS programs and initiatives compared to other state Medicaid programs. Provides research support to SCDHHS in considering new initiatives and understanding of policy impacts for the agency. Collaborates and participates as part of a project team(s) engaged in exploring, redesigning and/or implementing a new program or policy.
- Responds to routine enrollee and public inquiries with a focus on providing consistent and quality public information services. Elevates more complex questions to senior team members or program areas. Returns phone calls quickly and responds in writing within established standards of timeliness, responding professionally and proficiently. Stays abreast of Medicaid and agency policies and priorities to ensure appropriate, coordinated and accurate information is provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE and TGE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children.
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year.
- 15 days sick leave per year.
- 13 paid holidays.
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs.
A bachelor's degree and experience related to the development and dissemination of informational material.
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purposes. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail. The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.