New Job Project Assistant In Ohio
Company : Air Force One
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ohio
ABOUT AIR FORCE ONE:
Established in 1984, Air Force One is a commercial HVAC and facilities services provider with many locations throughout Ohio and a national reach through our National Accounts team. From our flexible maintenance agreements to on-site, full-time technical staffing to total facility automation, we optimize facilities in the following industries, both public and private; manufacturing, government, education, critical environments, health care, data centers and more! Our people are essential to our growth and success, which is why we hire people dedicated to our core values of Integrity, Humility, Intelligence and Hunger. By hiring the right people and placing emphasis on training and continued improvement, we are able to provide our associates the foundation for a solid career path at Air Force One.
The Project Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative assistance to the project department Project Managers, Project Coordinators as well as the Sales Team in a fast-paced growth-oriented environment. Travel to other AFO regional offices is required.
Education & Experience:
Three to five years of related work experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Meet with Air Force One sales associates and assigned project manager at the onset of a project, help to gain a comprehensive understanding of our scope of work and develop a plan to ensure that the project completes on time and is within the budget constraints set forth in the job breakdown. Specifically, this to include but not necessarily limited to:
- Submit Contractor Registrations, Pull Permits and Schedule Inspections for all regions (this may require meeting the inspector on site if necessary)
- Assist in the purchasing of equipment and materials necessary to complete the project.
- Collect and maintain project submittals as required for all regions
- Assist in managing the manpower necessary to complete the project as needed for all regions
- Assist in making Air Force One sales associates aware at the earliest knowledge of any/all cost overruns or potential problems that will have an adverse effect on the timing/budget of a project.
- Attend and actively participate in the weekly production meetings
- Assist as necessary with the purchasing, shipping, receiving and delivering of equipment and material to jobs for all regions
- Complete all close out documents on projects as required including Start-Up requests, O&M Manuals, Warranty Paperwork and equipment updates for all regions
- Provide ample feedback, both written and verbal, to the sales and field associates.
- Confirm sales, subcontractor and client commitments in writing, then copy it to the job file.
- Work with AFO sales associates on job change orders and provide documentation for estimates as necessary for all regions
- Prepare monthly client reports as determined by the client for all regions
- Collect and maintain field paperwork as required by project for all regions
- Enter construction project information in SAMPRO, active jobs, post costs, purchase for jobs, and maintain a working knowledge of the job progress schedules for all regions
- Manage the over budget report for all regions
- Manage and maintain Project Manager Work Bench & Projections for all regions
- Update and maintain the Project Manager Report for all regions
- Schedule and call off Rental Equipment as needed for all regions
- Schedule Subcontractors as needed for all regions
- Tracking parts on order for construction projects for all regions
- Attend job site project meetings when necessary for all regions
- To learn and work within the established Air Force One policies and procedures for construction projects.
- Travel to other AFO regional offices is required.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Position Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Desired Computer / Software Knowledge:
- Microsoft Word (Advanced)
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Outlook (Advanced)
- Accounting Software (Sampro, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Great Plains, etc.)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Dispatching Software
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US:
Great Company Culture: Awarded 2021 Top Workplace by Columbus CEO Magazine, Forbes America’s Best Small Companies, Commercial HVAC Contractor of the Year
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off, 7 paid holidays, and 3 paid days per year to volunteer at a non-profit of your choice!
Health Benefits: 8 medical plan options (including 3 free ones!), dental, vision, and wellness incentives! Company-paid short-term & long-term disability and life insurance.
Prepare for the Future: 401(k) with generous company match
We Want You to Succeed: Tool program includes a company match with employee contribution to help you buy your tools. An apprenticeship program and training classes to help you grow.