New Job Private Equity Valuation Control Associate In New York
|Private Equity Valuation Control Associate|
Private Equity Valuation Control Associate
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
The VCG Private Equity team is responsible for monitoring strategic and opportunistic positions in all private equity investment types, stages of business development, industry sectors, and geographical locations.
Execute price verification/benchmark process, including the calculation of fair value adjustments
- Assist with various Valuation Control Group (VCG) established practices and control initiatives as well as perform necessary work relating to management reporting, regulatory mandates and consistency within the broader VCG framework
- Partner with various functional groups on valuation related issues and develop/implement appropriate measures with the goal of ensuring fair value
- Enhance existing control framework including reviewing independent pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Participate in other value-added projects related to Business, Risk, and Finance initiatives
- 5+ years of related experience, work experience in financial industry a plus
- Undergraduate degree with finance and economics major preferred
- Graduate degree with finance, economics, mathematics, engineering a plus
- Ability to understand complex products and capital structures, and analyze transaction and process flows
- Understanding of valuation concepts as they pertain to financial products and derivatives, specifically for private investments (market multiples, DCF, OPM, etc.)
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude. Candidates with quantitative backgrounds preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Basic, automation and database skills a plus
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and CAPIQ (is a plus otherwise will be required to learn)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans