New Job Office Of Consumer Advocate Counsel In Wyoming
|Office of Consumer Advocate Counsel|
Office of Consumer Advocate Counsel
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $4,840 - $9,718 a month
Location : Wyoming
The Office of Consumer Advocate is an independent office within the Wyoming Public Service Commission that is statutorily authorized to appear before the Wyoming Public Service Commission and advocate for the interests of utility ratepayers and citizens of the state in proceedings involving public utilities. This position consists in serving as counsel to the Office of Consumer Advocate, including advice regarding federal and state law compliance, coordinating the involvement of OCA experts in contested cases, preparation of OCA witnesses, deposition of opposing witnesses, cross-examination of opposing witnesses, filing of motions and briefs, and the presentation of oral arguments before the Commission.
Human Resources: Alice Saldana firstname.lastname@example.org 307-777-7667
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Acts as legal counsel for the Office of the Consumer Advocate in administrative hearings before the Commission regarding utility rate filings and contested utility matters.
- Presents a public interest position as counsel for the OCA through oral and written findings, legal arguments, and cross-examination of witnesses, conclusions, and briefs.
- Files interrogatories, discovery requests, and deposes opposing witnesses in contested proceedings.
- Coordinates the work of rate analysts and consultants working on public interest issues in contested cases.
- Acts as counsel to the OCA in proceedings before courts of the relevant jurisdiction, federal regulatory agencies, and other tribunals in matters related to the appeal of Commission decisions or representation of public interest issues created by federal regulatory agencies.
- Writes briefs, petitions, arguments, and motions and provides oral arguments supporting the OCA before courts of the relevant jurisdiction.
- Advises the OCA concerning PSC rule-making matters and proposed state legislation.
- Prepares draft rules, draft legislation, and comments on proposals.
- Appears with other OCA staff members before the Commission in rule-making hearings and appears before legislative committees supporting the OCA regarding proposed legislation.
- Analyzes interpret and understand proposed rules and policies of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Federal Communications Commission, federal legislation, and other state and federal agencies regarding utility matters.
- Assists in preparing written comments on these rules and laws representing the OCA position.
- Analyzes the testimony and exhibits of expert witnesses in contested utility rate case matters and prepares cross-examination of witnesses from the perspective of the OCA.
- As part of the OCA team, engages in discussions and negotiations regarding the settlement and disposition of contested issues in utility filings, particularly concerning such resolutions' legal and precedential implications.
Preference will be given for knowledge of state and federal law applicable to the regulation of public utilities.
Ability to exercise independent judgment
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- Moderate travel
- FLSA: Exempt
023-Public Service Commission - Office of Consumer Advocate
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.