New job Member Care Coordinator in New Mexico
|Member Care Coordinator|
Member Care Coordinator
Company : Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL, MT, NM, OK & TX
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Mexico
**This is a Work from Home position located in Alamogordo , NM*
**This position will travel to members homes, hospitals, etc**
This position is responsible for conducting home health assessment, contacting identified members to inform and educate them on health care programs to address their personal health plan needs, engaging the member in discussion of adherence to personal health plans, responding to inquiries from members, and supporting the clinicians in the Medical Management department with their provider and member activities.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Psychology OR LVN, LPN with 1 year experience in managed care systems OR RN OR 3 years care coordination for a state managed or waiver program OR 3 years managed care systems experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience coordinating member medical related needs, providing assistance to members, and analyzing member needs
- PC proficiency including Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service skills
- Verbal and written communications skills including developing written correspondence to members and to other department personnel and coaching skills, including motivational interviewing, to educate members on medical issues
- Current state driver license, transportation, and applicable insurance
- Ability and willingness to travel"
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can call us at 1-866-977-7378 to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".