New job Medical Assistant in Idaho
Company : Valley Family Health Care Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Idaho
POSITION TITLE: Medical Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager/Director of Nursing
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Purpose of this Position: The Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to help keep Valley Family Health Care clinics running smoothly.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting school.
- Prefer previous experience in medical office (e.g. front office procedures, screening
procedures, vital signs, instrument set-ups, lab experience, etc.)
- Must be accurate, exacting, orderly and methodical in work detail.
- Neat appearance, with pleasant positive manner.
- Willingness to work within team concept.
- Sensitivity to needs of VFHC clientele.
- Willingness to work for the successful accomplishment of VFHC goals and objectives.
- Speech should be clear, distinct, & convincing. Prefer bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Escort patients to room, noting vital signs, vision/hearing screening when appropriate and records the reason for visit in electronic medical record.
- Set out appropriate instruments and prepare patients to see providers.
- Take Encounter form to provider.
- Assist nurse and providers as needed with interpreting, escorting, ear irrigations, etc., or with procedures as trained and within scope of practice.
- Assist patients as needed in completing history and registration forms, reading information sheets, etc.
- Answer telephone calls from patients, transfers any patient call questions/concerns to the appropriate nurse or provider.
- Keep exam rooms clean and well stocked with supplies needed.
- Clean and sterilize instruments. Record freezer, refrigerator and incubator temperatures and reports any abnormal or out-of-range values immediately to supervisor or head nurse.
- May file immunization cards and send notices as directed on a monthly basis. May also follow-up on procedures (e.g. colposcopy) and send letters per protocol.
- Perform lab tests, draws blood or obtain specimens per provider orders or by protocol. Label all slides & containers with 2 identifiers (patient name and DOB). Appropriately completes all request forms.
- Calibrate and clean lab equipment.
10. Maintain quality controls and proficiency testing. Keep appropriate lab logs and document services provided.
- Maintain lab supplies inventory to meet patient needs.
- Administer medications & treatments as ordered by medical provider and as allowed by clinic policy. Perform EKG's as directed.
- Provide patient & family counseling & health education as ordered by medical providers or as indicated by established protocols.
- Send reports and orders vaccines from each state monthly.
- Maintain a safe, private, and comfortable clinic environment.
- Make referral appointments as directed by medical provider.
- May screen patients and record data & observations in the patient's medical record.
- Participate in chart reviews and audits as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in staff meetings, conferences, inservice training & education.
- May perform duties of Appointment/Check-Out Clerk as directed by Clinic Coordinator
a. Greet patients as they check in.
b. Check patients in, entering information in computer. Print encounter form then place in the designated area for the nurses or providers.
c. Answer telephone, schedule appointments and transfer triage calls.
d. Check new patient registration cards for completeness. Make a copy of the card and any third-party payment information for billing purposes.
21. May be designated to open the clinic in the morning.
a. Leave doors locked until time to open.
b. Turn on the radio and adjust the softness of sound.
c. Turn on the copy machine.
d. Change the phone from call forwarding.
e. Unlock the front door as soon as a nurse arrives.
- Enter payments to patient accounts.
- File/scan Registration cards, medical/insurance cards, remittance advises and
insurance claims daily.
- Enter charges, adjustments and payments daily, making sure that each patient is
"checked out" at the end of the day.
- Observe that no patient is in pain or is kept waiting more than 1 hour.
- Check waiting area and patient restrooms near the waiting room for neatness
midmorning, midafternoon and at the end of the day.
28. Perform other related duties as required for clinic operation and as directed.
29. Maintain strict confidence on all information gained in the performance of duties with
Valley Family Health Clinic.
30. Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks related to VFHC initiatives.
31. Perform other duties as assigned.
Patient Centered Care:
- Conduct preventive screenings for patients.
- Facilitate patient medication management based upon standing orders and protocols.
- Participate in data collection and health outcomes reporting related to patient centered care.
1. Able to lift greater than 25 lbs on a regular basis.
2. Prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, stretching and lifting required.
3. Normal manual dexterity.
4. Must be able to speak clearly.
5. Correctable vision and hearing.
Need to have Covid vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated. Accommodations considered for Medical and Religious reasons.