New Job Manager Mine In California
Company : GOLDEN QUEEN MINING COMPANY LLC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : California
Golden Queen Mining Company, LLC (“Golden Queen”) operates the Soledad Mountain Mine (“Soledad Mountain”), an open pit, heap leach gold and silver operation located just outside the town of Mojave, California, approximately 90 miles northeast of Los Angeles. Golden Queen is a single asset producer and does not carry a “home office.” All employees live in private housing in nearby towns and commute by personal automobile.
Soledad Mountain uses conventional open pit mining methods and is owner-operated, with a primarily Komatsu fleet of shovels, front end loaders, and 100-ton trucks. Crushing is three stages (jaw, cone, and HPGR). Ore is drum agglomerated with cement and conveyed to the heap leach pad by conveyor. Metal is recovered via cyanide heap leach and Merrill-Crowe processes.
Soledad Mountain employs approximately 250 non-unionized employees and targets 24/7 operation except for 12 hours of scheduled weekly maintenance. The target mining rate is approximately 2.5MM tons per month, feeding approximately 400k tons of ore per month to the crusher. In 2019 Soledad Mountain produced approximately 51k oz Au (59k oz AuEq), and the target is to produce at least 90k oz Au by 2022. Current mine life and reserves extend through 2028, with potential for extension.
Soledad Mountain sells waste rock to local markets for use as aggregates.
Golden Queen is privately owned by the Clay family and Jefferies Financial Group (NYSE:JEF), who comprise the company’s Board of Managers (the “Board”).
Reporting to CEO, the Mine Manager typically works a 4 day, 10 hour schedule.
- Lead a team of over 185 to operate an Open Pit Mine including Mine Operations, Mine Maintenance, and Technical Services.
- Provide balanced, strategic leadership in all functions and activities of the Mine Department to maximize productivity at the most reasonable cost. This includes mining operations, equipment maintenance, technical services, budgeting and cost controls
- Ensure best practice methods and continuous improvement systems are developed and maintained for the Mine Department and benchmarked against other operations
- Seek opportunities to grow inter-departmental partnerships to promote teamwork and deliver optimized results
- Maintain and drive continuous improvement in mining operations, maintenance, forecasting, budgeting, cost controls and reporting
- Serve as the primary mine activities resource for the mine site
- Actively participate and provide technical guidance for large site projects executed by the Projects Manager
- Support the development, execution, and ongoing optimization of operational and asset management strategies
- B.S. in Mining Engineering or equivalent related degree, preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the mining industry with proven experience leading safe operations in an Open Pit environment
- 5+ years of overall progressive supervision experience. Relevant experience in open pit operations, preferred
- Experience impacting and influencing employee motivation
- Prior experience in effective change management techniques and application
- Relevant experience leading programs for monitoring compliance, action planning, and verification of controls preferred
Must be willing to relocate to Southern California.
The Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation assistance will be provided if necessary.