New job Management Analyst 2 in Minnesota
|Management Analyst 2|
Management Analyst 2
Company : State of Minnesota
Salary : $21.83 - $31.70 an hour
Location : Minnesota
Job Class: Management Analyst 2
Working Title: Field Services Data Administrator
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 10/05/2021
- Closing Date: 10/19/2021
- Hiring Agency: Department of Corrections (DOC)
- Location: Minnesota*
- Division/Unit: Community Services/Field Services
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/6:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Days of Work: Tuesday- Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $21.83 - $31.70/hourly; $45,581 - $66,189/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - Minnesota Association of Professional Employees/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position provides professional and administrative support to field services staff in counties under the jurisdiction of the Minnesota Department of Corrections. This position may also be assigned work or special projects that may have a state-wide focus. The services under the purview of this position include office management and workflow, database analysis and quality assurance, information management and analysis, and project monitoring. This position works with the Field Services Corrections Program Director in planning, developing, operating, maintaining and evaluating the CSTS information system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the development, implementation and ongoing functions of the CSTS information system so that data collection, statistical analysis and report generation are available to the Field Services management team and other clientele.
- Coordinate training needs of Field Services so that staff at all levels are trained in the appropriate and timely use of the CSTS information system.
- Test, configure, upgrade, maintain, analyze and make recommendations regarding the current and future versions of the CSTS information system.
- Design and maintain all merge forms in the CSTS information system used by DOC Field Services; ensure that all forms are used consistently across all districts through documentation and training as necessary.
- Work Location and Telework: The specific Minnesota work location will be determined at the time of hire based on department business needs and applicant availability. This position may be eligible to telework.
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position:
To be considered for this position, your experience / education must meet one (1) of the following requirements and demonstrate all of the knowledge, skills, and abilities described below:
1. Two years of professional-level analysis experience analyzing data with Excel, Access or other similar applications; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree plus one year of professional-level analysis experience analyzing data with Excel, Access or other similar applicatons.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Personal computers and equipment, as well as advanced knowledge of office suite applications and intranet software, sufficient to troubleshoot issues with MN.IT staff.
- Business English, spelling and grammar sufficient to concisely compose, edit and independently process responses without review.
- Office procedures, practices, and information workflow sufficient to develop and improve work procedures and forms.
- Information system management.
- Developing, managing, and analyzing complex data sets.
- Constructing tables, charts, and graphs that appropriately and concisely depict data
- Use adhoc report software/functions/features.
- Complete monthly audit and statistical reports.
- Work on diverse tasks as assigned and develops priorities to ensure sufficient attention to tasks.
- Train and instruct staff in appropriate use of information system features/functions, office suite applications and office procedures and practices.
- Understand and carry out complex tasks with oral or written directions.
- Work with a variety of individuals, occupations, and agencies.
- Problem solve independently when necessary.
- Articulate errors made by other to ensure data integrity.
The following qualifications are strongly desired of applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Experience analyzing data with IBM SPSS; and automating, visualizing, and modeling data through reports/dashboards with Microsoft Power BI.
- Advanced level proficiency with Excel sufficient to manipulate and present graphical data.
- Experience writing and executing queries with Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience with software development testing methods, writing and executing test cases, providing feedback to developers, and communicating with end users.
- Experience producing and delivering training content, both in-person and virtually (Zoom, MS Teams, etc.).
- Experience working in concert with others in a similar role as well as with others who are up/downstream of processes.
- Technical writing skills sufficient to comprehend requirements documents and produce end user documentation.
The selected finalist is required to review and sign a Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) for this position. For a copy of the PDA, please email Teresa Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position requires successful completion of the following:
The selection process may include screening the top candidate(s) on their criminal history, predatory offender registration, offender associations and/or other applicable background information in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy.
Employment history/reference checks, including incidents of sexual harassment, will also be conducted on the top candidate(s) in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy. This may include a review of job performance and discipline records.
New employees will be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
Why Work For Us
Join a team with a national reputation for excellence! The Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) is highly regarded nationwide and has provided a model for other corrections systems to follow. Our mission is to transform lives for a safer Minnesota. We offer great State of Minnesota benefits, competitive pay, internal promotional opportunities, free parking, and workout facilities at most locations.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Teresa Moen at email@example.com or 651/361-7592.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.