New job IT Specialist (SysAdmin) in Maryland
|IT Specialist (SysAdmin)|
IT Specialist (SysAdmin)
Company : US Social Security Administration
Salary : $87,198 - $113,362 a year
Location : Maryland
READ ALL INFORMATION FOR INSTRUCTIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
Serves as a member of the component's systems staff.
Employees in this position plan, design, coordinate, test, operate, troubleshoot and maintain hardware and software systems and servers.
See Responsibilities belowfor duties of the position.
See Conditions below for important information.
- Installs, monitors, troubleshoots and repairs personal computer hardware components as well as physical and virtual file and print servers.
- Works nationally with component personnel installing, troubleshooting and providing assistance on major project initiatives using a variety of utility, communication, word processing, database, spreadsheet, and network software.
- Assists users in configuring standard and unique software packages to meet specific needs.
- Designs and integrates users' software, hardware and systems requirements so users are able to use their applications most effectively.
- Analyzes computer systems and application service solutions when problems occur.
- Designs, oversees and performs custom installation and maintenance of physical and virtual hardware and software.
- Manages data, files, services, connectivity and software on national file and print servers in direct support of user on component users' data communications workload.
- Diagnoses and resolves complex systems integration or configuration related problems in response to customer reported incidents.
- Utilizes and responds to electronic ticketing systems used for tracking IT problems reported by customers.
- Remotely manages and repairs user and server systems through a variety of remote assistance tools.
- Evaluates and recommends alternatives to a senior specialist or team leader and determines the best procedure to follow to restore operational status in the event of systems failure.
- Provides technical guidance to component office representatives in the support of hardware/software interface problems and communications difficulties between system elements.
- Reviews server, systems and applications logs and similar data while conferring with other staff to analyze root causes and mitigate problem trends.
- Provides support and guidance on designing complex systems solutions.
- Investigates and resolves problems arising in the user operation of equipment/systems, working with management to identify trends, establish root cause and implement long-term solutions.
- Prepares and conducts end-user training in proper systems use and operation in support of user workloads.
- Prepares written work products such as project plans, status reports, contact reports, executive level briefings, procedures and training packages.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position - see Conditions of Employment below
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
- Computer Network Support Specialists
- Computer Support Specialists
- Computer User Support Specialists
- Database Management System Specialists
- End-User Support Specialists
- Information Technology Specialist (It Specialist)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Background and/or security investigation required
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results
- Selectees may be required to serve a 1 year probationary period
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement
- Position is eligible for telework consideration. Telework may be approved after all conditions for telework have been met.
- Position is on a full-time, flex-time schedule and may be eligible for an Alternate Work Schedules (AWS).
- This position is not authorized to be filled virtually or by outstationing. Selectee will be stationed at SSA Headquarters in Woodlawn, Maryland. Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Work requires lifting of computers, networking hardware and large peripheral equipment, as well as connecting and/or disconnecting systems and peripheral devices.
- Installing or removing circuit boards and electronic components as well as moderate levels of work with cabling and wiring, may be required.
- Pedestrian travel among SSA buildings and travel to SSA offices in the field or other agency locations may be required to accomplish some of the tasks and assignments.
- Work is performed in clean office settings with some time spent in computer and infrastructure rooms where there is a higher than normal noise level and varied temperatures.
- Work may be performed during irregular hours or various shifts.
- ***Use the Application Checklist at the end of the online questionnaire to ensure submission of a complete and comprehensive application.
QualificationsREAD THIS SECTION IN ITS ENTIRETY. THIS INFORMATION IS CRUCIAL TO SUBMITTING A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for this GS-12 IT Specialist (SysAdmin) position are based on
- IT Competencies required for the GS-2210 series AND
- Specialized Experience
See Required Documents for more information on demonstrating your eligibility and qualifications.
IT COMPETENCIES: To qualify for the 2210 IT Specialist series, you must perform duties which demonstrate experience in each of the four IT-Competencies below. Performance of these duties must be IT-related and may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience. Your responses are subject to verification against the information you provide. You may be asked to provide evidence or supporting documentation that substantiates such experience. Indicate Yes or No for each of the following:
Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have at least 52 weeks of Specialized Experience as described below. This experience must have been gained in a federal position at or above GS-11 OR (if your position/experience is in another federal payscale or outside of federal service) by performing duties at a level equivalent to those performed in a federal position at or above GS-11. This Specialized Experience must have provided you with the specific knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the functions of this GS-12 IT Specialist (SysAdmin) position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is work that primarily consists of planning and performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of hardware and software systems.
TYPICAL DUTIES include:
- using electronic ticketing systems to track customer IT problems;
- multitasking across multiple concurrent open systems issues to resolve both short term and long term systems problems;
- performing more complex installation of hardware and software;
- analyzing more complex hardware and software problems;
- completing more complex system fixes, updates and enhancements;
- analyzing and resolving complex systems access problems related to security, permissions and access control;
- analyzing, designing and documenting procedures to restore operational status.
- managing access to systems and/or equipment; and/or
- repairing user and server systems through a variety of remote assistance tools.
Duties of this nature should be typical of your everyday work. If you perform this kind of work, your resume must provide details of the actual duties you perform that demonstrate the requirements above. Reviewers cannot assume you perform duties you don't describe.
Experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT.
Performance of duties that do not meet the requirements of the Specialized Experience statement (above) will result in a rating of ineligible.
Since Specialized Experience also has a time component, it must be evident that the duties you describe are at the required level for at least 52 weeks.
Affirmative responses to the experience and eligibility questions in the online questionnaire are subject to verification.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (e.g., IT Competencies and Specialized Experience) must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
If your experience was gained in a federal position, state the grade and pay scale of that position in your resume, along with the full start- and stop-dates of each position you are using towards meeting the Specialized Experience requirement.
Information on this job series can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
There is no educational requirement for this position.
Education cannot be used in lieu of Specialized Experience.
Vacancy open to all US Citizens.
Before you apply, review the Biographical Data in your USAJobs Account. USAStaffing uses that information (NOT the information on your resume) to communicate with you.
Incorrect information in your USAJobs Biographical Data means you may not receive important emailed information pertaining to this vacancy announcement. SSA/HR is not responsible if outdated information provided in your USAJobs Account causes you to miss important emailed information.
No matter what information is provided on your resume, HR and USAStaffing can only contact you using the information in your USAJobs Account.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See www.sss.gov.
If you are a federal contractor, do not identify yourself as a federal employee.
Additional selections may be made for this vacancy six months from the closing date of this announcement.
See QUALIFICATIONS and CONDITIONS for important information pertaining to this position.
See REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to ensure you submit the documents needed to support your claim.
Position is on a full-time, flex-time schedule and may be eligible for an Alternate Work Schedule (AWS).
Position is eligible for telework consideration. Telework may be approved after all conditions for telework have been met.
Position is not authorized to be filled virtually. Selectee will be stationed at SSA Headquarters in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Salary will be set in accordance with locality pay provisions.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Successful performance in this position will be assessed during the 1-year probationary period served by all new appointees (e.g., new to SSA and/or new to this series).
This is a moderate risk public trust position. If selected, you may be required to complete a Standard Form 85P, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions, in order to have the appropriate investigation conducted.
Location of Position:
Office of the Deputy Commissioner for Budget, Finance and Management (DCBFM)
Office of the Deputy Commissioner (ODC)
Systems Support Staff (SSS)
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
SEE QUALIFICATIONS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR RESUME MUST DEMONSTRATE.
Answer all questions and follow instructions. Errors or omissions may affect your evaluation. The questionnaire takes about 15 minutes. Your score will be based on your responses.
If you are among the highest-ranking applicants based on that score, your resume will be compared to your responses, which are designed to capture the required competencies for this position.
To meet Specialized Experience:
Describe duties you perform that meet the Specialized Experience for this position, as well as duties that demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities as they pertain to the SpecializedExperience. Since Specialized Experience has a time component, it must be evident that the duties you describe are at the required level for at least 52 weeks. - Knowledge of IT principles, concepts, methods, standards and practices
- Knowledge of hardware and software diagnosis and systems repair and recovery techniques
- Knowledge of network hardware, software and communication components
- Knowledge of daily network operation, maintenance and repair methods
- Ability to diagnose and recover failed systems and network services
- Knowledge of oral and written communication techniques
- Knowledge of an electronic ticketing system
**It is not sufficient to make claims in the questionnaire that are not supported in your resume**
Information not specifically stated in your resume cannot be assumed. Information that is copied or restated language from the vacancy announcement or rating criteria will not be considered. If this occurs, you may be found ineligible.
Qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligibles will receive first consideration IF appropriate supporting documents are provided (see Career Transition Guide AND Required Documents).
Veterans' Preference eligibles will be placed ahead of others in the category for which they are ranked.
Preference-eligibles who demonstrate a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (AND meet minimum qualifications) will be placed in the Best Qualified category.
See Required Documents for information on how to support these claims.
If you meet basic requirements, as evidenced by your resume/transcript/responses to the Questionnaire, you will be placed into one of three categories:
(1) Best Qualified - Candidates who demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position
(2) Well Qualified - Candidates who demonstrate a satisfactory level of knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position
(3) Qualified - Candidates who meet Minimum Qualifications
The highest-ranked applicants will be referred to the hiring manager in category order, beginning with Priority Selections, then Best Qualified. Applicable documents will be forwarded for further review.
Your description of your knowledge, skills and abilities is subject to verification by the selecting official. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation or to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability.
Preview questions here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11249856
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
REQUIREMENTS MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU SUBMITTED IN THE PAST
DOCUMENTS UPLOADED TO YOUR USAJOBS ACCOUNT MUST BE RECENT.
OUTDATED DOCUMENTS CAN CAUSE YOU TO LOSE CONSIDERATION.
ALL APPLICANTS must submit a resume. SSA employees are encouraged to use SSA-45.
RESUMES are the key means for evaluating your qualifications for this position. If your resume is not current, you should make necessary updates to demonstrate that you qualify for this position.
Creditable experience is work that primarily consists of planning and performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of hardware and software systems.
RESUMES must describe duties you perform as they relate to the IT Competencies and the Specialized Experience required for this position. Include your employer name, number of hours worked per week, full start/stop dates (month/day/year) for each position, your grade and payscale (if your position is or was federal) and a comprehensive description of relevant duties you performed in each position. Dates/grades are critical in verifying specialized experience.
Information that is copied or restated language from the vacancy announcement, rating criteria or KSAs will not be considered. If this occurs, you may be found ineligible.
SEE THE APPLICATION CHECKLIST AT THE END OF THE QUESTIONNAIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON RESUME REQUIREMENTS.
If you claim Priority Selection, submit supporting documents indicated below.
NOTE: don't claim CTAP or ICTAP if you voluntarily separated from federal employment (e.g., if you resigned, retired or transferred out) OR you separated at the end of a term or temporary appointment OR you were terminated for performance or conduct reasons OR you have never held a federal position.
CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Plan) - for competitive service employees displaced from SSA.
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan) - for competitive service employees displaced from other federal agencies.
CTAP and ICTAP candidates must provide:
- written notice of eligibility or copy of separation SF-50 (Notice of Personnel Action) and
- most recent performance rating of at least "fully successful" (Level III) or equivalent
For more information see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: If you claim preference, submit DD-214 (member 4 copy ONLY) OR (if still on active duty) an official statement of service from your command.
Document must show Character of Service. Documents must be legible. Preference will be based on documents provided. This may affect your eligibility and/or rating.
To claim 10-point preference based on service-connected disability, submit SF-15 (Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference) and documents required by SF-15.
For derived preference - submit SF-15 and documents required by the SF-15.
NOTICE: The Office of Personnel Management has published the end date for Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) as August 31, 2010. To receive veteran's preference for service during the Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom era, you must have served for more than 180 days between September 11, 2001 and August 31, 2010 OR be in receipt of a campaign badge or expeditionary medal. See updated CFR language here. Other eligibility for preference (e.g., disability) remains unchanged.
MILITARY SPOUSES - see https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/military-spouses/. Submit marriage certificate and proof that your spouse is still an active-duty member of the military.
Preference will be granted using ONLY the documents listed above. See Vet Guide for more information.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency