New Job Inspection Specialist In Wyoming
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $19.58 - $25.23 an hour
Location : Wyoming
Open Until Filled
This position ensures that oil and gas operators comply with agency rules, regulations, and orders through field inspections; witness MITs on injection wells and idle oil and gas wells; perform pre-site inspections and inspect surface reclamation for bond release.
Human Resource Contact: 307-235-3690
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Ensures that companies comply with agency rules, agency orders, and permit stipulations through field investigations.
- Provides technical assistance to public and private interests regarding regulations and practices.
- Responds to complaints and mediates disputes.
- Writes non-compliance letters, prepares reports and hearing exhibits, and provides testimony at hearings.
- Interacts with other state and federal agency officials as well as law enforcement personnel.
- Helps develop and review new regulations.
- Witnesses tests and operations.
Preference will be given to applicants with oil and gas experience.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of inspections and investigations.
- Knowledge of office procedures, practices, and equipment.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Works in hazardous conditions
- Travel is required
- FLSA: Non-exempt
055-Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.