New Job Human Resources Training Specialist In New Mexico
|Human Resources Training Specialist|
Human Resources Training Specialist
Company : Bernalillo County Government
Salary : $48,277 - $63,627 a year
Location : New Mexico
The Training Specialist plans and conducts adult training related assignments. This position researches, designs, develops, promotes, coordinates, conducts, evaluates, administers, and maintains adult training programs and activities for the county, including policy and compliance training as needed. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring initiative, originality, ingenuity and the ability to exercise deliberate and precise judgment in business consultations. Training methods include, but are not limited to, performance readiness training activities, classroom, on-the-job, e-learning, or education training activities via virtual software methods. Works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual or complex matters. Additionally, under general direction, responsible for providing professional and administrative services for the County.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Plan, develop, coordinate and conduct professional development training programs including new hire orientation, departmental facilitations and classes for front-line, supervisory, technical and management staff using various educational methods based on adult learning theories and models.
- Design, develop and revise new and existing training programs using adult learning theories and practices.
- Conduct training needs assessments and identify skills or knowledge gaps.
- Evaluate county business processes, as assigned, to enhance strategic planning, critical thinking and facilitate organizational development and change.
- Conduct policy and procedures training as necessary.
- Serve as a primary or backup in the processing of Tuition Assistance Program applications and reimbursement requests.
- Develop and maintain strategies for marketing training to employees and provide necessary information about training.
- Liaise with the county’s Public Information Office to sustain available training calendar marketing options.
- Act in liaison capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Plan, conduct and supervise assignments when tasked by section manager.
- Serve as trainer for Train the Trainer program, as needed.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design and development of training.
- Design, prepare, and order educational aids and materials.
- Setup and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment as appropriate.
- Gather feedback after educational sessions to evaluate program success.
- Participate in the selection of service providers for training programs.
- Serve as a primary or backup in maintaining updated curriculum database and training records in the learning management system.
- Research and recommend new training methods that are current with adult education industry standards.
Develop and deliver training to support continuous improvement principles and initiatives.
Follow up with training participants and their supervisors to ensure their ability to utilize newly learned information in the workplace.
Other projects as assigned.
- The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training and/or Education, Business Management and/or Public Administration, Organizational Training and Development or related discipline plus three (3) years professional experience in adult education, instructional systems design, or related field, two (2) of the three (3) years must have been as an adult educator, facilitator and/or trainer in an adult training/learning and organizational development environment. OR Any related combination of education from an accredited college or university or related experience in this occupation totaling seven (7) years may substitute for the required education and experience and may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Certification as an adult training professional through the Association for Training and Development (formerly ASTD) or other training association preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
- Skill in coordinating adult education events in a professional setting.
- Broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of specialization in adult education for the completion of moderate to difficult assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional systems theory, design, and implementation.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools.
- Adapts to procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite as well as Adobe design software and eLearning platforms.
- Demonstrated professionalism supporting training initiatives including all staff levels of the organization.
- Authoritative knowledge of interviewing and business processes consultation techniques.
- Knowledge of and a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of human behavior and business performance characteristics.
- Ability to collaborate with community and agency partners.
- Ability to design and conduct individual and/or group activities to improve job readiness of organization employees.
- Excellent ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, vendors and the public.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Knowledge of training program evaluation principles and skill gap analysis.
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination and background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the county.
- Employee must complete required FEMA training(s) as assigned to position.
- Essential job duties are performed indoors in temperature controlled environment
- Primary work surface is even, dry, carpeted or tiled floor.
- Works alone primarily, with or without directions. Works with a group at times and with a select team at times.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Supplemental: Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long/Short Term Disability
Fringe Benefits: Retirement Plan
Personal Holiday Leave
Employee Assistance Plan
For additional benefit information go to: