New job Human Relations Representative 1 in Pennsylvania
|Human Relations Representative 1|
Human Relations Representative 1
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $46,318 - $70,416 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
Are you passionate about promoting social justice, equity, and equal opportunity for the citizens of our great Commonwealth of PA and enforcing Pennsylvania's Civil Right's laws that protect people from unlawful discrimination of any kind? Do you share our vision that all people in the great state of Pennsylvania will live, work, and learn in an environment free from unlawful discrimination and all forms of marginalization? If so, we welcome you as a potential member of our team to help address discrimination and protect Pennsylvania citizens by ensuring their equal Civil Rights under the law.
This is an entry level position which enforces the provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act by investigating and conciliating complaints of discrimination primarily in employment and public accommodations, alleged to have occurred because of a protected class such as race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, age, familial status, disability, and/or retaliation. The person in this position will investigate and conciliate complaints of alleged discrimination primarily in employment and public accommodations, assess jurisdiction, draft and investigate complaints of discrimination, and serve as the facilitator of the settlement process by communicating settlement proposals.
This position monitors all answers and documents within the appropriate time frames and processes and grants extensions for the filing of answers and documents according to Commission procedures. The position also serves subpoenas, if needed, and identifies and tracks the status of all Commission complaints. Other duties include conducting preliminary case analysis and contacting the parties and witnesses to conduct interviews and secure testimony.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position may be found in the position description.
- Work Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm; Monday - Friday with a 1-hour lunch period
- You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) up to 3 days a week. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Philadelphia.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year of professional administrative, criminal or regulatory investigative experience involving the gathering of evidence, interviewing, and reporting investigation findings, and a bachelor’s degree; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training, which includes one year of professional administrative, criminal or regulatory investigative experience involving the gathering of evidence, interviewing, and reporting investigation findings.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.