New Job Grants Coordinator In New York
Company : Utica College
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
The Grants Coordinator will support the Grants Office by working collaboratively with faculty and staff in their roles as Principal Investigators (PIs) or Project Directors (PDs) and managing grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts through the full award cycle. In consultation with the Interim VP for Advancement/Chief Grants Officer, the Office of Financial Affairs, and other relevant College staff, the Grants Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be to oversee all post-award activities, including: circulating award documentation to relevant parties, convening and facilitating project launch meetings, assisting PIs and PDs with project start up activities, collaborating with College offices to ensure critical milestones and metrics are met, budget monitoring, assisting with the development of project reports, and post-award activities such as processing sub-award agreements and extension requests and filing close out documentation. Under the supervision of the Chief Grants Officer, the Grants Coordinator will assist with the development and submission of annual and final reports for institutional-level and faculty grant awards, have day-to-day responsibility for maintaining Utica College grants databases, files, and records, updating the Grants Office website and calendars as needed, and coordinate with research compliance committees (e.g., the Institutional Review Board or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee) as needed. Provide the Chief Grants Officer with assistance in grant proposal development as needed.
Location Utica, NY Application Deadline *Full consideration by*: Open Until Filled Yes Major ResponsibilitiesProject Management (70%):
- Processes all award documentation, circulates award documents to all relevant offices and staff, collaborates with the Office of Communications and Marketing on award announcements.
- Serves as the primary post-award coordinator for all grants/contract-funded projects and programs, with a particular emphasis on convening program/project launch meetings with all relevant parties and offices.
- Assists the PIs and PDs in monitoring measurable outcomes as required by funding sources.
- Collaborates with the Office of Financial Affairs to monitor grant income and grants expenditures.
- Interpret policies and procedures for PIs and PDs to assist in the preparation of specialized reports to state, federal, and private sponsoring organizations. Assists PIs and PDs in changes in program/project scope, re-budgeting, and extensions.
- Assists Chief Grants Officer, PIs, and PDs with annual and final grant reports.
- Maintains and updates the Grants Office’s calendar with submission and reporting deadlines, the comprehensive grants status spreadsheet, and all office files.
- Assists Chief Grants Officer with issues related to institutional compliance and the development or maintenance of policies or procedures related to externally-funded projects.
Grant Proposal Development (20%):
- Assist in the development of grant proposals to include collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research for the collection of data to be used in proposals, drafting letters of support, and proofreading all grant-related documents.
- Participates, as needed, in program and project development meetings and reviews and provides feedback on draft proposals.
- Research funding opportunities.
Other Duties (10%):
- Provide operational and planning support for all Grants Office programs, including the provision of logistical assistance with funding agency site visits, grants workshops, and visits by the College’s grant consultants.
Driving ResponsibilitiesDriving responsibilities are not required for this position.
Supervises None Education & Experience QualificationsBachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. Consideration may be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience if that experience is in a college or university or related to grants management or sponsored research.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Must have strong organizational skills, great attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities and meet various deadlines, maintain confidentiality, possess a high level of energy, and work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to be diplomatic and to serve as a resource in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Highly proficient analytical skills; ability to analyze and interpret state and federal regulations and complex contractual agreements.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and works continually to enhance diversity of our students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency using a computer and the suite of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word and Excel). Knowledge of basic budgeting or financial forecasting is highly desirable.
- Ability to understand and implement college policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible hours if necessary.
Applicant Documents InstructionsAll positions at Utica College support the College’s mission and values in part by being active members of an inclusive environment. Please describe in your diversity statement how you would see yourself incorporating this into this role.
In line with the College’s Affirmative Action Policy, there is no requirement or expectation that a candidate disclose their identity or membership in any protected class or group, either in the diversity statement or in other application documents submitted to the search committee. For additional information on what to provide in your diversity statement please reference the diversity statement guide at the following link: https://www.utica.edu/hr/media/Diversity_Statement_Guide.pdf
Additional information Visa sponsorship is not available for this position EEO/AA StatementUtica College is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the
diversity of its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex,
pregnancy, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status,
disability, citizenship status, genetic predisposition, domestic violence
victim status, or protected status under applicable local, state, or
Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Campus CommunityOur community of students, faculty and staff reflect a diversity of experiences, opinions, and cultural backgrounds shaped by biology, society, history, and choice. Our community includes members who are diverse by virtue of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religious and/or spiritual affiliations, and socio-economic status, as well as the number of other ways in which who we are influences how we see the world. Furthermore, we value and celebrate diversity, and this results in a commitment to multiculturalism. We believe that within the community of human persons, all cultures, perspectives, and beliefs about faith, ideals, taste and lifestyles are of equal value. Our diversity deepens our commitment to nurture a multicultural environment in which we engage with others and blend perspectives, to learn about diverse cultures, to explore who we are and where we come from and to accept one another without prejudice. The Utica College Mission and Values Statement includes a commitment to fostering diversity in perspective, background, and experience within an environment that is dedicated to the freedom of expression and the open sharing of ideas.
Commitment to Supporting and Hiring VeteransLocated in the heart of central New York, Utica College is a comprehensive,
independent, private institution founded in 1946 to offer options for
college study to veterans returning from the second world war. More than
seventy years since veterans returned from WWII, this tradition of serving
veterans is still held in high regard here at UC, and we are proud to
welcome veterans as students and as valued members of our faculty and
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations