New Job Government Contracts Manager In North Carolina
|Government Contracts Manager|
Government Contracts Manager
Company : GE Power Portfolio
Salary : $109,000 - $180,000 a year
Location : North Carolina
Job Description SummaryThe Government Contracts Manager will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing contract leadership and expertise for government project teams across the nuclear portfolio.
As the Government Contracts Manager, you will:
- Support government proposal activities, including but not limited to: analysis of the Request For Proposals, ensuring proper contract reviews and compliance matrices are completed before any proposals are submitted to customer or any execution activities begin, with particular attention to the financial and business risks of the proposed effort, participating in all proposal team meeting, preparing terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted.
- Partner closely with the commercial teams and customer to assure a clear understanding of the appropriate regulations before and during execution of the contract. Responsible for all regulatory filings and reporting required for contract performance.
- Ability to offer innovative approaches to problem solving and develop solutions to contracting issues in supporting all phases of the acquisition cycle
- Support sourcing with preparation of flow-down packages for sub-contractors/suppliers and managing sub-contractors/suppliers during contract execution
- Play an instrumental role in providing support and guidance to project teams during contract execution to ensure full compliance with government regulations
- Ensure proper FAR, DFARS, DEARS, and international government flow-down requirements are complied with in subcontracts and contracts
- Play an instrumental role in helping GEH further develop a strategy to grow U.S. Government business compliantly
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working with government contracts
- Remote work possibility
- Domain expertise with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) with emphasis in Parts 12 Acquisition of Commercial Items and Part 15 Contracting by Negotiation, DEAR FAR supplemental regulations and Financial Assistance Agreements; and equivalent state, local governmental regulations
- Experience with various contract types (i.e. Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) and contract change management
- Experience in researching compliance issues, applicable regulations and law, and formulating recommendations to management
- Professional certification by the National Contract Management Association, US government contracts
- Proven ability to draft and negotiate contractual language
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills, and ability to influence
- Ability to concurrently support multiple issues and clients
- Power industry contracting experience interfacing directly with government customers or prime contractors
The salary range for this position is 109,000 to 180,000 annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes