New Job Government Account Representative- Northwestern Wisconsin Area In Wisconsin
|Government Account Representative- Northwestern Wisconsin Area|
Government Account Representative- Northwestern Wisconsin Area
Company : Grainger
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Wisconsin
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Government Account Representative (GAR) is an outside sales role. This person is responsible for penetrating all assigned accounts to develop relationships to achieve profitable revenue growth within his/her assigned geography of Northwestern Wisconsin. The GAR partners with established sales and service teams and contract owner(s) to grow sales among approximately 40-70 large-sized local government, higher education, primary education or federal customers. The compensation is tied to the ability to achieve or exceed established sales targets and other account management tasks. The GAR will make 4-6 quality, revenue generating calls per day. The GAR is required to make decisions influencing sales for large size government entities.
- Maintain a strong understanding of government contracts.
- Determine, prepare and present the appropriate “Grainger Value Proposition” to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each account’s purchasing needs.
- Create a territory plan that optimizes call routes, maximizes time in the field and ensures you are delivering and executing a sales plan that meets or exceeds stated performance targets.
- Consistently maintain account and customer contact and record follow up details in Grainger’s CRM (Salesforce).
- Maintain a strong understanding of government contracts and leverage benefits for the customer.
- Proactively drive sales with each account while utilizing a wide array of available communication channels to maximize revenue.
- Be timely and responsive to customers’ real-time needs.
- Grow revenue to stated thresholds.
- Achieve or exceed stated metrics of daily calls, customer face time minutes, etc.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings.
- Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate information on overall results of customer interactions.
- Work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of aligned customers.
- Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, over-coming objections.
- Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage business needs and cost requirements.
- Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding customers and account package.
- 1-3 years of sales or relationship building experience.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- High integrity in all business dealings.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, two or four year degree preferred.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel and have occasional overnights (dependent on territory).
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.