New job Entry Level Payroll Specialist in Colorado
|Entry Level Payroll Specialist|
Entry Level Payroll Specialist
Company : RK
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Colorado
RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Electrical provides commercial and industrial electrical construction.
They also offer on-call and planned maintenance electrical service.
- Three medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Wellness coaching offering exercise planning, gym discounts, health screenings, program incentives up to $2,100 a year, and more.
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
Purpose of Position:
This position involves processing the RK Industries, LLC. multi-state, weekly, in-house payroll for 1,200+ employees using Viewpoint and Great Plains. Submit certified payroll transcripts to Federal, State and Local agencies. Set up and maintain subcontractors certified payroll submissions of RK Industries, LLC. Maintain BAT certificates on all Apprentices and enter data by scope of work. Maintain accurate and complete records of all project documents. In addition, must possess understanding of U.S. payroll and tax processes.
- Generate reports to calculate weekly payroll taxes and 401K contributions
- Maintain documents for auditors at city/state agency to support fringe schedule
- Understanding payroll overrides for shift/wage/OT differentials, pay codes, craft/class and journeyman/appr ratios
- Set up and respond to all weekly garnishments, student loans, tax levies and child support orders
- Strong proficiency in developing and updating spreadsheets in excel
- Maintain employee database access in time keeping systems
- Ability to research and correct time entry errors in all time keeping systems
- Processing leave of absence on all eligible employees
- In depth knowledge of payroll and payroll related administration and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and field personnel
- Train Operations team regarding expectations and processes for missed time, manual checks, payroll deadlines, DOL compliance and Prevailing Wage projects.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, set up job phases, correct phase codes and GL practices GL to PR reconciliations
- Weekly GL updates, closing and posting payroll
- Ability to prepare and maintain complex payroll records and files - provide information on annual audits of SUTA, Work Comp, 401K and DOL.
- Ensure compliance with weekly certified payroll reporting on contracts subject to the Davis-Bacon Act
- Work directly with Operations and General Contractors regarding Prevailing Wage projects, wage determinations and maintain accuracy on certified reporting
- Create, update and maintain a fringe schedule on all craft employees with company liabilities
- Complete and submit all WH-347 forms each week
- Upload certified payroll weekly transcripts into LCP Tracker, eMars and Ecomply systems for 70 + weekly Prevailing Wage projects
- Understand and comply with DOL requirements on Federal Prevailing Wage projects
- Review, correct and resubmit all Prevailing Wage rejections and process restitution when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirement of RK Mechanical Orientation
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, and a variety of office equipment.
- Occasionally may need to reach, stoop, or kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Experience in Certified Payroll / Davis-Bacon / Prevailing Wage payroll required
- Experience on Viewpoint preferred but not required
- Ability to work in high volume, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and data-entry accuracy required
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous Construction industry experience preferred
Associate Career Level:
- Works with some direct supervision.
- Performs administrative and technical responsibilities.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures.
- Coordinates own tasks with a specific range of responsibilities under established procedures.
- Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager.
- Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations.
Denver Business Journal
- #1 Denver-Area Mechanical Contractor 2014- Present
- #6 Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Company: X-Large, 2019
- #7 Denver-Area Corporate Foundation, 2020
- #7 Denver-Area Manufacturing Firm, 2020
- #14 Denver-Area Healthiest Employers, 2020
- #16 Largest Denver-Area Private Employer, 2020
- #22 Denver-Area Private-Sector Employer, 2020
- #23 Denver-Area Corporate Philanthropists, 2020
- #8 Top 200 Private Companies List, 2020
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) - Rocky Mountain
- 1st Place Specialty Contractor Award of Excellence- Ascent Union Station
- 2nd Place Specialty Contractor Award of Merit- Pike Peak National Cemetery
- Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC)
- “Platinum Level” Company in STEP Safety Management System
- Platinum level ratings or higher from the ABC STEP program for nine of the past twelve consecutive years
Colorado Manufacturing Awards
- RK Mission Critical- CMA Building and Construction Manufacturer of the Year
Colorado Workforce Development Council
- 2020 Colorado Apprenticeship Program of the Year, Employer
Engineering News Record
- 2020 ENR Mountain States Specialty Contractor of the Year
- 2019 Colorado Project of the Year Winner- Gaylord Rockies
- 2020 Office/Retail/Mixed-Use, Award of Merit: Financial House
- 2020 Cultural/Worship, Award of Merit: Denver Art Museum Sie Welcome Center
- Top 40 and highest ranked Mechanical Firm in Colorado on ENRs Top 50 Firms in Mechanical, 2020
- #8 Top 20 Firms in Sheet Metal, 2020
- #19 Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection, 2020
- #95 ENRs “The Top 600 Specialty Contractors”, 2020
Associated Builders and Contractors
- #16 Top 200 Performers, 2020
- #2 Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors, 2020
- #5 Top 30 Electrical Contractors, 2020
America Heart Association
- Gold Level Employer