New Job Enrollment Counselor In Idaho
Company : College of Western Idaho
Salary : $15.52 - $19.40 an hour
Location : Idaho
School:Enrollment & Student Services
Division:Admissions & One Stop
Categories:Enrollment & Student Services
Advertised:Oct 11 2021 MST
Applications close:Oct 25 2021 MST
Assistant Director, Admissions & Recruitment
Posted Pay Range:
$15.52 - $19.40 per hour
College of Western Idaho values work-life balance. Taking care of today's needs is as important as planning for the future.
Our total compensation for benefited employees includes:
- Benefits at a Glance: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance Premium Rates
- Educational Tuition Waiver Benefit
- Retirement plans with over 11% employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Ten paid holidays (faculty may vary)
- Vacation and sick leave accruals (faculty may vary)
- Discounts from local businesses
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Enrollment Counselor works closely with members of the Enrollment Team as well as a wide variety of Enrollment & Student Services staff to deliver a full range of enrollment services and counseling to prospective students and their families, counselors, community age¬¬ncies, and the community at large with an emphasis on coordinating campus visitation programs. The Enrollment Counselor will be an experienced customer service professional who participates in all aspects of enrollment services, counseling, and support.
The Counselor will provide strong leadership and excellent customer service to the CWI community and will have responsibilities including, but not limited to Open House events, high school campus visits, community events, college fairs; prospect, applicant, and admitted student follow up and assisting with Orientation for new students. Enrollment Counselors also schedule one-on-one meetings with students and parents, process applications, and have face-to-face interaction with students. The Enrollment Counselor is responsible for the enrollment services delivered throughout CWI’s ten-county service area and CWI One-Stop Student Services locations; and provides expert guidance to other CWI staff, students, and their families. Evening and weekend hours are required as assignments and demands dictate. Use of the personal vehicle is required.
- Hires, Schedules, Trains, and Coordinates work-study tour guides to conduct individual and small group campus tours
- Coordinates large school visitation programs including staffing and scheduling
- Work closely with other student services and enrollment management staff to provide complete and accurate enrollment information and excellent service to students.
- Provide support to students, parents, or college personnel regarding detailed enrollment issues above and beyond routine information and processes.
- Keep abreast of federal and state regulations related to admissions and financial aid, and monitor compliance with those requirements.
- Review admissions and financial aid status.
- Maintains expert-level knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, regulations, rules, statutes, and laws. Assists the CWI community in ongoing compliance efforts.
- Work to resolve issues by answering questions and tracking the issue to completion.
- Maintain student files and records.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of college policies, procedures, programs, and articulation with other colleges, and surrounding state/private colleges and universities.
- Input a variety of information into computer databases.
- Assist in gathering data for preparation of reports, and other documents. Create and maintain required department reports.
- Attend and provide assistance to other Enrollment Services staff for enrollment events.
- Participate in College Committees, staff and professional meetings, and other appropriate meetings/committee assignments.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and clients and actively support a team approach to accomplishing goals.
- This position requires the ability to travel, load and transport admission materials, displays, and other equipment (Occasionally lifting in excess of 50 lbs.) and requires extended working hours at varied work locations, Regional travel is 2-3 times per week to visit schools w/occasional overnight stay.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of, and participating in, Orientation, Advising, and Registration sessions.
- Serves as a key staff member in the Enrollment and Student Services process and record-keeping functions of which may include all registration processes such as class registration, program changes, name changes, audit, and pass/withdraw options, forms, financial aid, and information.
- Prepares periodic large mailings to the general public and target audiences.
- Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a collegiate setting preferably in the Dual Credit, Registrar’s, Admissions, Student Enrichment, or Financial Aid office preferred.
- Strong technical abilities: database systems, presentation software, Microsoft Office suites, or equivalent.
- Experience working in a community college setting, serving a diverse, non-traditional student population preferred.
- Strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills are necessary, including public speaking skills and the ability to represent the college in a positive way to diverse populations
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP or other major ERP systems preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
Along with your application, please include your resume and cover letter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
If so, please submit your resumé and cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application.