New Job Director Of Sales In Rhode Island
|Director of Sales|
Director of Sales
Company : Ocean House Management
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Rhode Island
A Place Unlike Any Other
Perched high on the bluffs of Watch Hill, RI, the Ocean House overlooks a pristine stretch of private beach with sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean, Montauk and Block Island. 2 1/2 hours from NYC and 1 1/2 hours from Boston. 49 luxury guest rooms, 23 signature suites and 8 private villa vacation homes. 12,000 square foot OH! spa. Over 10,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space. Up to 9 unique dining options during summer season.
A member of the exclusive Relais & Chateaux Collection and only one of five hotels in the United states that hold triple Five-Star with Forbes, Ocean House offers uncompromising service and world-class amenities, while paying homage to New England’s golden age of hospitality with timeless elegance and renewed civility.
Ocean House is currently seeking a Director of Sales. If you are a passionate sales professional, seeking an exceptional career experience then we would like to connect with you.
- Oversee the management of group and leisure sales teams.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, and firms.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization and its outside firms.
- Responsible for budgeting and expenses of the sales department.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Administer the staffing, training and performance reviews for the Sales Department.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly.
- Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
- Compiles and/or directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, Answer Net reports and Sales Meeting minutes.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote The Ocean House.
- Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Conduct an average of one to two property site inspections per day with potential customers.
- Travel to industry-related trade shows in various destinations around the world.
- Other duties as assigned by the President and Managing Director or General Manager
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience and 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Prior hotel sales experience required with luxury market /resort preferred.
- Must be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using Maestro Reservations System.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing