New Job Dir Of Administration I In Illinois
|DIR OF ADMINISTRATION I|
DIR OF ADMINISTRATION I
Company : City of Chicago
Salary : $61,920 a year
Location : Illinois
Director of Administration I
Number of Positions: 1
Under general supervision, the class supervises staff in performing administrative functions for a small City department or moderate sized bureau in a City department; and performs related duties as required
- Supervises staff engaged in performing human resources, and timekeeping and payroll activities
- Develops and implements administrative work procedures to ensure the efficiency of support functions and office operations
- Supervises the maintenance of manual and computerized timekeeping records and the preparation of payrolls
- Functions as the department's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) liaison, processing complaints, performing investigations, and preparing summary reports.
- Manages the Acting Up activity for the department, with responsibility for monthly reporting and document submission to the Department of Human Resources and the Office of the Inspector General and ensuring division compliance
- Functions as the department’s human resource officer, overseeing and administering personnel services including employee selection and hiring, employment processing, training and staff development, maintenance of personnel records and employee relations
- Assists departmental managers in preparing the department’s annual personnel budgets
- Establishes work standards and evaluates staff performance
- Liaisons with other City departments regarding personnel and budgetary matters
- Prepares reports on section’s work activities
Additional duties may be required for this position.
Location: 2 North LaSalle
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or directly related field, plus three years of budgetary, human resource or office administration experience of which one year is in a supervisory role related to the responsibilities of the position, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Disclaimer - "Accredited" means any nationally or regionally accredited college, university, or law school where the applicant is enrolled in or has completed an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Juris Doctorate degree program.
NOTE: You must provide your transcripts or diploma, professional license, or training certificates at time of processing, if applicable.
This position requires applicants to complete an interview. The interviewed candidate(s) possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position will be selected
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following:
- Proficiency with Oracle based systems (e.g CHIPPS)
- Previous work experience in HR policies and procedures (e.g HIPAA, FMLA, VESSA)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous work experience in various municipalities with Acting Up processes and Hiring Plans
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.
City of Chicago Department of Human Resources
Lori Lightfoot, Mayor Christopher Owen, Commissioner
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59 pm CDT on 11/12/2021