New Job Data Center Project Manager In South Dakota
|Data Center Project Manager|
Data Center Project Manager
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $61,742 - $88,197 a year
Location : South Dakota
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications. For more information on the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, please visit https://bit.sd.gov/.
The incumbent will participate in a team setting, with a primary role of project coordination/management for the BIT Data Center Division. The incumbent will also be tasked with maintenance and administration of the division level Microsoft Azure cloud services. Projects will vary from small to large scope and could be internal to the Data Center, cross-divisional within BIT, or involve stakeholders from multiple State agencies. These projects and work will require excellent organizational skills, excellent communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and a willingness to continually learn. Incumbent will participate and lead LEAN events such as SIPOC and workflow discussions in an effort to guide the building and expansion of our service and infrastructure portfolio. Incumbent will work with developers, stakeholders, testers, scrum masters, clients, points of contact and management in order to ensure a quality product.
Please note, this could be an optional remote position outside of Pierre with the expectation the selected candidate would be required to travel to Pierre to meet with the project staff 1 or 2 times per quarter.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- project coordination for large projects across the DC, and between the DC and the rest of BIT and the State to include proven experience;
- working as a project administrator in the information technology sector;
- working with stakeholders to define the project concept and create the process to bring it to completion;
- working with project group within specific team to provide guidance, training, or coaching;
- creating detailed project plans to track progress;
- performing risk management to minimize project risks;
- assigning project tasks and set deadlines;
- ensuring resource availability;
- monitoring project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- reporting and escalating to management appropriately;
- evaluating the project efficiency, effectiveness to identify shortcomings to plan for future improvements;
- coordinating regular back up verification and testing for cloud and on-prem services;
- coordinating annual disaster recovery verification and testing for cloud and on-prem;
- working with concepts of centralized services offerings in an enterprise computing environment;
- working with private and public cloud infrastructure and design.
- communicate well both verbally and in written form with technical and non-technical clients and translate their needs, ideas, or suggestions into logical solutions to business problems;
- create and disperse detailed status reports on a regular basis for projects or efforts;
- track multiple areas of responsibility with strong organizational skills;
- be capable of accomplishing assigned tasks with minimal supervision;
- help develop and manage key performance metrics for various technical teams;
- maintain current documentation related to installed systems;
- negotiate and resolve conflicts as they arise;
- work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- work effectively as both a team member and alone with minimal supervision;
- work on complex projects with team members, BIT staff, agency stakeholders, and/or vendors.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FXQ
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Save To Job Cart