New Job Cook 2 (On-Call) In Hawaii
|Cook 2 (On-Call)|
Cook 2 (On-Call)
Company : Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Hawaii
The all-new, vibrant ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it’s an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps from Waikiki Beach, it’s where Hawaii vacations turn moments into memories.
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili‘uokalani, the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke‘alohilani, meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on resorts in Waikiki. ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.Overview:
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel’s standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a “Clean As You Go” policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Culinary experience required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.