New job Communications Coordinator in Ohio
Company : Delaware County, OH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ohio
Individual serves as an informational resources for internal and external communications, media relations, development of communication resources, community relations, scheduling and directly assists the Director of Communications and County Administrator. Individual reports to the Director of Communications.
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field. Five years’ experience preferred. Proficiency in working with a variety of social-media channels must be demonstrated. Video and audio editing skills using mobile devices preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance that complies with the County policy combined with an acceptable driving record. Must meet and maintain qualifications for driving on county business as a continued condition of employment. All required licenses and certificates must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
- Develops and presents informational and educational materials in a wide variety of media, including traditional print, video, audio and social-media formats;
- Evaluates, develops, prepares and disseminates public information for departments that report to this Office;
- Handles inquiries for information from officials, staff and the general public, including formal public-records requests;
- Coordinates the news-gathering, writing, editing and design of the Office’s internal newsletter;
- Manages communication between the Office of the Board of Commissioners, its reporting departments, other Offices of elected officials within the Delaware County government, the community, and news media;
- Coordinates the research, writing and dissemination of news releases for the Office and its reporting departments, as well as other elected officials as needed;
- Serves as the backup liaison with the news media and assists in providing information and maintaining contact information for news media;
- Monitors activity on the Office’s social-media channels;
- Assists in the creation and implementation of ongoing communications campaigns and the management of the Office’s brand materials;
- Assists in Office participation at local events and in producing the Office’s own events, including the annual State of the County event and Employee Appreciation events;
- Assist Commissioners, County Administrator and other offices as needed in preparing presentations for local events and attend as necessary;
- Assists in the creation and implementation of communications plans and policies;
- Assists as needed in emergency or crisis response situations and with the coordination and dissemination of public information during those situations. Also participates in preparedness training and planning concerning communications at the local, regional and state levels;
- Assists in the management of the Office website (WordPress platform);
- Assists in managing the Office’s participation on social-media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube;
- Assists in taking photographs and video as needed, and edits appropriately for use;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Attends various training sessions, video conferences, and workshops;
- Performs typing, word processing, and related computer operations;
- Works outside of typical work schedule/business hours as required; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Complete job description is available on the Class Specifications page.
Equal Opportunity Employer