New job Child Support Specialist in South Dakota
|Child Support Specialist|
Child Support Specialist
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $19.70 - $22.73 an hour
Location : South Dakota
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
Why the Department of Social Services?
At the Department of Social Services (DSS), family is everything. It’s the foundation of what we do every day through provision of services to strengthen and support the citizens of South Dakota. Our work is driven with our vision to build Strong Families, South Dakota’s Foundation and Our Future. We believe families have the right to be safe and secure. We also believe in respecting individual and cultural differences by treating people with dignity, fairness, and respect. And, we believe in collaborative communications, teamwork, partnerships and trust for essential family services. Sound intriguing?
As a Department of Social Services employee, you will have a chance to experience:
- Creativity – We are always looking for innovative ideas to help us achieve improved outcomes.
- Making a difference – You will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of fellow South Dakotans.
- Professional development – We provide valuable trainings to ensure staff is well-trained, competent, accountable and empowered and will assist you in reaching your career goals.
- Teamwork – In a team-oriented approach, you will have the ability to work cooperatively with others in a friendly work environment to achieve shared goals.
Who we want:
- a highly motivated and experienced person with a passion for serving the public and displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments and goals;
- a compassionate individual who listens attentively to others and clearly conveys information and ideas;
- a dependable and organized individual who effectively plans and organizes work activities;
- a person who is dedicated and who will represent the Department of Social Services with integrity and enthusiasm;
- an individual who works cooperatively with others and promotes a friendly work climate in order to achieve shared goals.
What you will do:
We are currently looking to hire an individual who is excited to serve the public.
This position will establish and enforce collection of child support payments owed to families or to the state; establish paternity; establish medical support obligations; locate non-custodial parents and determine their ability to pay child support; review and modify court orders; initiate administrative and judicial legal actions; and prepare cases for hearing to ensure financial support for children and fair recompense for the state.
Experience in casework, collections, finance, accounting, or insurance is preferred. Entry level knowledge and abilities may be acquired through any combination of training and/or experience that will enable the incumbent to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate compassion, respect, courtesy, and tact when interacting with others;
- recognize the sources of interpersonal conflict and take positive steps to effectively resolve problems in conflict situations;
- gather and analyze data, reason logically and accurately, and solve problems using common sense, reasoning and resourcefulness;
- actively listen, elicit needed information and provide concise information;
- conduct interviews with individuals who are reluctant to give information or who are not communicative;
- plan and organize work to meet schedules and deadlines and respond and adjust to multiple demands;
- prepare clear and concise documentation, reports, and correspondence that reflect relevant facts;
- comprehend, interpret and apply pertinent laws, regulations and procedures;
- utilize computerized data systems.
Equally important will be a strong work ethic and the comprehension of critical thinking and problem-solving techniques. If you believe in strengthening and supporting strong families and investing in South Dakota’s future, you may have found the dream job you’ve been waiting for!
To be considered, you must complete a DSS questionnaire, specific to this job, and attach it to your application.
- Adobe Reader is required. You can download the software for free from https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Click http://bhr.sd.gov/dss/QCSSpecialist.pdf to access the questionnaire.
- Save or download the questionnaire to your computer. Do not complete the questionnaire online within your browser. You may lose entered information.
- Open the saved questionnaire and complete.
- Once complete, select File and then Save as. Save the questionnaire to include your last name in the file name. To ensure your information is saving, complete a small section, save as, and open.
- Attach the questionnaire to the attachments section of your application as the DSS Questionnaire document type.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Save To Job Cart