New job Child Care Consultant in North Carolina
|Child Care Consultant|
Child Care Consultant
Company : North Carolina Dept of Health and Human Services
Salary : $39,611 - $67,060 a year
Location : North Carolina
About the Division Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE):
The Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) implements quality standards for child care and increases access to families and their children across North Carolina. NCGS 110-85 requires that the State protect children in child care facilities by ensuring that these facilities provide a physically safe and healthy environment where the developmental needs of the children are met and where these children are cared for by qualified persons of good moral character.
RECRUITMENT RANGE: $39,611 - $46,661 GN10
21-10387 / 60038776
Position will serve Durham County. Successful applicant must reside in the service county or a contiguous county. Child care specialists work out of their homes and must be able to plan and manage their work independently.
Assist potential and current child care providers to achieve and maintain compliance with applicable child care with licensing requirements.
- Monitor centers and homes for compliance with requirements, and investigate reports alleging violations of requirements, including allegations that facilities are operating without a license.
- Ability to work in highly stressful situations while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Individual must have experience using computer software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel as those applications are used in completing work.
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
Demonstrates knowledge of theories, practices and principles of child development as related to child care services that include the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of children.
- At least two years of experience in a child care or related setting involving the coordination, evaluation, or administration of a comprehensive program of child care services, or coordination/management of the child care component of a local social services program, or as an instructor or curriculum design specialist at the university or community college level.
- At least one year of experience in providing technical assistance and consultation in the areas of child care program administration and child development, health and safety, care-giving activities, nutrition, behavior management, prevention of child abuse/neglect, age-appropriate needs of children, parent involvement, and parent education to promote quality child care.
Master's degree in a discipline relative to the program from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of related experience; or Bachelor s degree in a discipline relative to the program area from an appropriately accredited institution and four years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.