New job Business Instructor in Montana
Company : Salish Kootenai College
Salary : $42,621 - $45,025 a year
Location : Montana
Salish Kootenai College Seeks Applicants for: Business Instructor
Salary Range: $42,621-$45,025 DOEE
Closing Date: 1:00 PM, Monday, October 25, 2021
Purpose of this position is to instruct a variety of college level business courses focusing mainly on finance classes including Accounting classes, Tax classes and upper division Finance classes.
Related duties may include student advising, participation in faculty in-service and campus activities and assisting with departmental duties such as assessment and class development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and develop course materials such as syllabi, assignments, handouts, and culturally relevant materials.
- Prepare and deliver classes to students. Initiate, facilitate and moderate classroom discussions. Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments and papers.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks.
- Plan, evaluate and revise curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction in accord with SKC mission and goals.
- Maintain scheduled office hours and availability to assist students.
- Interact with department members to plan, implement and participate in annual and long term evaluation of program.
Master of Business Administration, or equivalent degree, is required with experience in finance. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience in tribal college setting. Experience in private business helpful. Successful candidate must have preparation for teaching a variety of business courses appropriate for undergraduate students at a tribal college. Knowledge of Salish and Kootenai Tribes and the mission and goals of Salish Kootenai College is preferred. Must have ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and the ability to communicate through written, spoken and visual media. Must have ability to work in team setting with multiple different groups and priorities.