New job Associate - Digital Device Support in Tennessee
|Associate - Digital Device Support|
Associate - Digital Device Support
Company : Shelby County Schools
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tennessee
Reporting to the Manager - Digital Field Support. Delivers first level software and hardware support to end users. Diagnoses and resolves problems using documented procedures. Responds to routine calls for service and assistance. Provides phone support, accesses systems remotely or visits sites as required.
- Delivers first level software and hardware support to end users in schools and central offices.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems using documented procedures and checklists.
- Provides support for Microsoft Operating Systems - Server and OS 7, OS 8 or OS 10.
- Performs desktop and laptop repairs in-shop and on-site.
- Re-installs systems manually and remotely.
- Installs drivers for all Operating Systems on-site and remotely.
- Connects computer to appropriate printer(s) locally and through the server.
- Images new and refurbished computers with the Operating System and appropriate software like MS Office, APECS etc.
- Performs virus removal by appropriate methods and live CDs.
- Runs cable wiring from panel to wall and builds patch for CAT 5.
- Installs wired and wireless networking, firewalls and security.
- Assists in the resolution of application, hardware and software problems
- Escalates problems to a higher level technical support personnel when necessary.
- Enters calls and work into appropriate tracking system.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Must be able to travel to school sites and other locations using self provided reliable transportation.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of multiplatform personal computers and peripheral equipment, appropriate system security, associated peripheral equipment, server configurations and troubleshooting methodologies
- Ability to diagnose and repair hardware and software
- Applies computer technology policies, procedures, laws, regulations and best practices to usual situations. Looks for ways to improve efficiency and quality
- Good analytic and problem-solving skills, good judgment and knows when to escalate issues
- Good attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and organizational skills
- Keeps all computer and security information confidential and private
- Exercises good judgment in manner, tone and way of speaking with the school and central office staff. Develops and maintains effective working relationships in sensitive situations.
- Prioritizes and plans work. Uses time efficiently. Completes technical tasks accurately and on time. Shows general initiative and creativity. Very results oriented.
- Ability to gather facts, perform analysis, and prepare written and oral reports
- Writes clearly, concisely and informatively for all audience levels. Edits and revises own work to ensure quality.
- Provides answers to usual questions from the school and central office staff.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
SCS does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, handicap/disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, or age (40 or older).