New job Accounting Assistant in South Dakota
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $16.53 - $18.59 an hour
Location : South Dakota
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 17489
Agency: Department of Revenue - Business Tax Division
Salary: $16.53 - $18.59 per hour, depending on experience
Pay Grade: GF
For more information on the Department of Revenue, please visit http://dor.sd.gov.
Why the Department of Revenue
At the Department of Revenue, culture is everything. It’s at the heart of what we do for our employees, community, and our customers – the citizens of South Dakota. Our work is driven with a vision to create an open and collaborative environment that provides professional customer service, contributes to a favorable economic climate, and is accountable to the citizens of South Dakota. Sound like a good fit? As a Department of Revenue employee, here’s what you’ll experience –
- Innovation –We are always looking for new ways to push forwardand evolve
- Professional growth– We provide new challenges for you to tackle and provide valuable trainings
- Career development – Investing in our employees’ development starts with our onboarding, mentoring, and leadership programs
- Fit – Getting to do what you do best every day
- Collaboration – Ability to work with various individuals within the Business Tax Division as a member of the Business Tax Accounting Team
- Giving back to the community – Opportunities to support local organizations throughout the year
We are looking for someone who:
- doesn’t get frazzled by problems and thinks quick on their feet to provide solutions;
- maintains a positive attitude and a high level of confidentiality;
- enjoys serving others and providing top-notch service to the department’s customers and employees;
- pays attention to details others often miss.
What you will do
The duties of the accounting assistant include, but are not limited to:
- review, correct, and process Business Tax returns, payments and taxpayer ledgers ensuring compliance with the appropriate statutes, policies, and procedures;
- review and process requests made by taxpayers regarding their applications, license, business information, and ledger data;
- manage Special Tax programs including Coin Operated Washer/Dryer fees, Bingo lottery fees, Alcoholic Beverage Brand registrations, and the Tax Refund for Senior Citizens & Citizens with Disabilities;
- review, sort, and distribute mail;
- assist Business Tax accounting staff and agents with operational processes to facilitate daily business functions.
What you need
Our ideal candidate has:
- knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles;
- ability to proof and edit solutions to arithmetic problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages;
- ability to operate a variety of office equipment (computer, scanner, calculator, etc.);
- effective verbal and written communication skills;
- ability to follow written directions;
- ability to pay attention to details of assignments and complete work properly, accurately, and thoroughly;
- ability to treat customers courteously and respond to their needs;
- experience with tax returns and similar forms and documentation, is preferable;
- experience working in collaborative team environments and demonstrating effective time management and organizational skills.
Equally important will be a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, discretion, confidentiality, and a positive attitude!
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FQM
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Save To Job Cart