New job TESTING SPECIALIST in Illinois
Company : City of Chicago
Salary : $73,644 a year
Location : Illinois
Department of Human Resources
Number of Positions: 1
Under general supervision, designs and develops pre-employment and promotional tests and other selection procedures tools to screen, evaluate and select job candidates that will provide City of Chicago government with a qualified workforce, ensuring tests are reliable, valid and fairly administered, and performs related duties as required.
- Works with Testing Manager in designing and developing hiring related tests including online and paper-pencil tests, physical demonstration, and centrally administered tests
- Develops guidelines and protocols for the administration, scoring and interpretation of hiring related tests including pre-employment tests designed and/or administered by external vendors
- Conducts statistical analysis to determine psychometric properties of tests and items, test validity, reliability and adverse impact
- Consults with subject matter experts and departmental managers to analyze job requirements and content to establish criteria for test development
- Develops pre-employment tests and rating systems used to assess job competency requirements for employment hiring and promotions
- Develops structured interviews and rating scales (i.e. Behaviorally Anchored Rating Scales)
- Provides technical assistance to hiring departments responsible for administering tests, and to vendors hired to design and/or administer tests on behalf of the City
- Develops Requests for Proposals (RFP) identifying scope of services for the procurement of tests and related services
- Facilitates meetings and/or focus groups with subject matter experts to identify and assess selection procedures and tests to be used to screen applicants for hire
- Drafts technical and progress reports documenting the test development process
- Participates in the review and evaluation of proposals from testing consultants for the selection of testing services
- Acts as a liaison between testing consultants and city personnel to facilitate the development and administration of tests
- Prepares correspondence in response to various inquiries from legal counsel, union officials and candidates relating to the city’s testing policies, tests administered, and test scores
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other duties that are essential to particular positions within the class.
Location: 121 N. LaSalle
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm
NOTE: Employee must be able to work early/late and weekend hours to accommodate testing schedule
THIS POSITION IS EXEMPT FROM THE CAREER SERVICE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Educational Testing and Measurement or a directly related field.
Candidates have until January 1, 2022 to have degree conferred.
Disclaimer - "Accredited" means any nationally or regionally accredited college, university, or law school where the applicant is enrolled in or has completed an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Juris Doctorate degree program.
Education & Employment Verification: Please be advised that if you are selected to be hired you must provide, upon request, adequate information regarding your educational and employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position for which you are applying. If you received your degree internationally, all international transcripts/diploma must be accompanied by a Foreign Credential Evaluation. If the City of Chicago cannot verify this information, any offer extended to you will be withdrawn and you will not be hired.
NOTE: To be considered for this position you must provide information about your educational background and your work experience. You must include job titles, dates of employment, and specific job duties. (If you are a current City employee, Acting Up cannot be considered.) If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, it will be incomplete and you will not be considered for this position. There are three ways to provide the information: 1) you may attach a resume; 2) you may paste a resume; or 3) you can complete the online resume fields.
NOTE: You must provide your transcripts or diploma, professional license, or training certificates at time of processing, if applicable.
This position requires applicants to complete an interview. The interviewed candidate(s) possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position will be selected.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following:
- Previous work experience in test development, test validation, psychometrics and testing theories
- Proficiency with SPSS or similar statistical software (i.e. R)
- Previous work statistical methods and procedures associated with test development
- Previous work experience writing technical reports and Requests for Proposals (RFP’s)
- Previous work experience in survey analysis
- Previous work experience conducting job analysis interviews and reseraching comparative data to prepare analytical reports
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should apply at the City of Chicago’s application website: www.cityofchicago.org/CAREERS
Evaluation: Your initial evaluation will be based on information provided on the application form and documents submitted with the application. Applications must be submitted by the individual applicant. No second party applicants will be accepted.
Residency Requirement: All employees of the City of Chicago must be actual residents of the City as outlined in 2-152-050 of the City Chicago Municipal Code. Proof of residency will be required.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to disability or pregnancy in order to participate in the application process, please contact the City of Chicago, Department of Human Resources, at 312-744-4976 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be prepared to provide information in support of your reasonable accommodation request.
Please note, all positions with the City of Chicago close promptly at C.S.T. Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59pm CST on October 13 , 2021. No exceptions will be made.
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ANY AND ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer
City of Chicago Department of Human Resources
Lori E. Lightfoot, Mayor Christopher Owen, Commissioner