New job T&D DISPATCHER in Maine
Company : Versant Power
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maine
JOB TITLE: T&D DISPATCHER
LOCATION: HAMPDEN OPERATIONS CENTER
REPORTS TO: SUPERVISOR, SCHEDULING AND CUSTOMER COORDINATION
POSITION STATUS: NON-EXEMPT, NON-BARGAINING UNIT
Be a part of the team that is transforming the power industry of northern and eastern Maine.
Versant Power is building on our 100-year history of delivering efficient, safe and reliable electricity service to customers in northern and eastern Maine. We never lose sight of safety, quality, integrity and innovation.
We are committed to our dedicated people, who inspire us every day to deliver something more powerful than power alone.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, Scheduling and Customer Coordination, the T & D Dispatcher will communicate with Operations Supervisors, Schedulers, service crews, and customers with regard to maintenance issues and power outages. The Dispatcher will provide coverage for dispatching and other work functions within the Central Dispatch area.
- Develops and maintains a basic understanding of Company and public utility procedures.
- Develops and maintains a basic understanding of transmission and distribution electrical systems.
- Creates work orders as requested by various departments in need of Lineworker assistance.
- Bills private line customers for outage restoration work and responds to inquiries on those bills.
- Conducts routine daily and storm outage dispatching.
- Updates and maintains accurate and timely outage proofing data.
- Works in accordance with the documented environmental procedures, instructions, and specific responsibilities as defined in individual procedures and instructions. Reports problems or deviations associated with environmental issues and the Environmental Management System (EMS) to the Environmental Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including designated duties associated with System Restoration.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of electricity is preferred.
- Position requires self motivation and ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Position is sedentary.
- Position requires mental and visual concentration.
- Position requires working with co-workers and the public.
- Position requires ability to work effectively and safely under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Position requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Position requires ability to follow highly detailed procedures and instructions.
- Position requires ability to use computer and keyboard.
- Position requires overtime.
- Versant Power is a tobacco free and fragrance free workplace.
RATE OF PAY:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Non Bargaining Unit, Regular and Term employees who have at least six (6) months satisfactory job performance and attendance records in their current job are eligible to apply for posted openings.