New job Surveyor 2 Chief of Surveys in Pennsylvania
|Surveyor 2 Chief of Surveys|
Surveyor 2 Chief of Surveys
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $58,895 - $89,448 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
The Department of Transportation has an exciting career opportunity in Engineering District 12-0. We are seeking to fill a full-time Surveyor 2 position. Apply today!
As the Surveyor 2 in PennDOT District 12-0, this person will serve as the Chief of Surveys. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the work for all survey personnel within District 12-0. This position will work with consultants, and various units in Design, Construction, and Maintenance within the District.
This person will be responsible for managing and implementing the continual development of the District’s cold storage mechanized filing system. This position will also provide technical guidance related to legal right of way and testify as an expert witness in certain cases.
This a supervisory position that will supervise one Survey Technician and three Survey Technician Supervisors who oversee survey crews.
Looking for someone with a strong background in all areas of surveying. Other skills we are looking for include supervisory and leadership skills as well as having strong technical ability.
For more information on this position, please refer to the position description.
- Work hours: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday
- You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) up to 2 days a week. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Uniontown.
- Work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the office. Telework Monday and Friday.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year as a Surveyor 1; OR seven years of responsible experience in a wide variety of surveying assignments, including three years in a supervisory capacity; and graduation from high school. An Associate Degree in surveying or engineering technology may be substituted for one year of non- supervisory experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a registered surveyor's license as issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, or possession of a registered surveyor's license obtained in another public jurisdiction under requirements which are at least equal to those of Pennsylvania.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.