New job Special Project Safety Advisor in Tennessee
|Special Project Safety Advisor|
Special Project Safety Advisor
Company : Shelby County Schools
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tennessee
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates, plans, directs and implements identified components of student safety.
- Develops project plans, goals and objectives, reads and interprets programs contracts and guidelines pertaining to safety.
- Supervises Case Advocates and support staff; trains staff, and recommends staff developmental opportunities; evaluates and prepares performance reviews for staff according to district guidelines.
- Provides up-to-date information and training pertaining to safety for students as it relates to at-risk youth and gang involvement.
- Maintains current on all safety initiatives that could benefit SCS.
- Develops and maintains cost-tracking methods for projects and prepares related reports.
- Coordinates projects, activities and resources with other divisions, departments, outside government and private agencies, and other professionals as appropriate.
- Responsible for safety preparation with project writing, event planning, data analysis, and other areas related to project management.
- Monitors programs for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and standards for quality success.
- Prepares, records and reviews statistical data related to student safety and activities of the School Based Probation Officer Liaison Program to provide recommendations.
- Attends various internal/external meetings as necessary to represent assigned programs and present departmental data.
- Keeps the Director of Safety informed of project status, problems, and maintains frequent communication with stakeholders, parents, students, co-workers and administrators.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records, correspondence, activities, and operations; conducts appropriate research and develops templates/reports as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 6 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience. Where Master’s degrees are required, years for Bachelor’s Degrees must be included.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of theories, procedures, practices, materials, methods and regulations and/or legislation pertaining to the School Based Probation Liaison Program, safety, truancy and gang prevention and intervention
- Knowledge, skills and ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate student intervention strategies
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to swiftly and accurately understand complex data and perform analysis
- Skills in developing data-supported solutions and using fact-based logic; ability to translate complex analysis in easy-to-understand manner and present to a broad audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to tackle challenges in a complex changing educational environment
- Ability to manage daily tasks without losing sight of long-term goals and planning
- Knowledge of safety procedures and processes
- Ability to manage on occasion, indirectly seasonal student interns working within the district safety services division
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers for sign language.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards, however, could in the emergency management of hazardous material, security breech or terrorist attack.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE