New job Security Officer-83502 in Oregon
Company : Tuality Healthcare
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oregon
The Security Officer identifies crime, security and safety risks in and around facilities and initiates appropriate action to remove or reduce those risks. Under the immediate supervision of the Security Manager. Protects and assists all patients, visitors and employees. Must wear bullet-proof vest while on duty. Must be DPSST certified or eligible.
Performed majority of the time
Patrols hospital and grounds to prevent fires, theft, vandalism and responds to the security needs of personnel
- Ensures only authorized personnel are admitted onto premises.
- Maintains current information in logs.
- Writes clear concise logs.
- Responds to burglary, fire, panic, equipment alarms and code alerts.
- Reports safety, fire and security hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
- All equipment issued is well maintained.
- Monitors and maintains CCTV system, two way radio systems, and alarm systems.
- Prepares relating crime, incident, information, and lost and found reports.
- Patrols Pacific University during off hours and provides back up per service contract agreement.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of the job:
Assists medical staff in controlling and restraining combative patients as necessary.
- May be required to be a “Personal Safety Attendant” for patients that are on a medical hold or Psych plan of care.
- Stands by as requested to prevent disturbed or menacing patients, visitors, or anyone else from being a danger to themselves or others.
- Conducts locks and unlocks facilities on a regular basis and additionally as requested by staff.
- Provides escorts for visitors, patients and personnel to and from parking areas.
- Participates in performance improvement program.
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
Impact limited to the employee.
- No budget responsibility.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two or more (2+) years’ experience in the field of law enforcement and/or security.
- Hospital security experience.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
Must be DPSST certified within 90-days of hire.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
Demonstrates the ability to read, analyze and interpret security reports, security periodicals, technical procedures, procedure manuals or government regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to write detailed reports and pas on log entries.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively respond to the general public.
- Becomes familiar with applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Uses effective communication skills.
- Personal appearance makes a good first impression.
Bilingual skills a plus.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we’ve changed our name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to primary and specialty care.