New job Records Manager in Colorado
Company : Summit Utilities, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Colorado
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020 and 2021; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Records Manager based in Centennial, CO *or* Yarmouth, ME.*
Summit Utilities, Inc. is looking for a Records Manager to manage all electronic and physical data and records for Summit and its subsidiaries. The Records Manager will be also responsible for helping to ensure that all Summit entities comply with the company’s information management programs and policies, including records retention, litigation holds, data protection, and information governance. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on a vast array of different issues on a day-to-day basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Manages all electronic and physical data and records for Summit and its subsidiaries
- Overseas development, implementation, and management of company’s document management systems
- Reports on managed data
- Manages records compliance and policies, including records retention, litigation holds, data protection and information governance
- Facilitates integration of records into appropriate document management system, including classification, indexing, and storage
- Facilitates information management trainings across the organization
- Manages records compilation in support of organizational audits or other internal/external information inquiries
- Strategize streamlined and cost-effective methodologies for document management, monitoring, retention, and disposal
- Managing and monitoring budgets and resources
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in archive studies, information science, records management, information management, or similar area of study
- Five to eight years of data management experience
- Certified Records Manager preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Demonstrate a business-friendly approach to data and document management
- Effectively assist clients with concise, practical advice and creative solutions for document management
- Expertise with managing document management systems
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to interface effectively with all levels and keep stakeholders regularly and timely updated
- Able to project manage and prioritize the incorporation of electronic and hardcopy documents into the appropriate document management system
- Strong ability to function integrally as the manager of a geographically dispersed legal team
- Able to quickly gain a rapport with business personnel to encourage proactive use of document management systems and Records Department support
- Able to work effectively and cooperatively with cross-functional colleagues in a geographically dispersed organization
- Exercise sound judgment, with a business-oriented approach, in developing creative and effective solutions for document management and compliance
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects with an excellent ability to set priorities and manage expectations on deliverables and deadlines
- Self-starter who is sharp, quick to pick up new concepts, and willing to dig in and become an “expert” as needs arise
- Must be able to travel as necessary and utilize other strategies to ensure effective collaboration and productivity
Salary Range, depending on experience $75,000 to $95,000 - USD Annually*
Annual Incentive Eligibility
This position is eligible for Summit’s annual short term incentive plan (STIP). Incentive payout is based on achievement of predetermined corporate and personal goals.
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
R*easonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summit Utilities,Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability._
Job Type: Full-time