New job QC Inspector (CWI) in West Virginia
|QC Inspector (CWI)|
QC Inspector (CWI)
Company : Bilfinger
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Virginia
QC Inspector (CWI)
Location: Inwood, West Virginia
Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services provider, active primarily in Continental Europe, Northwest Europe, North America, and the Middle East. With over 4,500 skilled employees in North America, Bilfinger delivers its services across multiple industries that include petrochemical, oil & gas, consumer goods, energy and utilities, and government services. Bilfinger has offices in 40 states, and our project portfolio covers the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion, and turnarounds to environmental technologies and digital applications. We have over 100 years of industrial experience on projects as small as $500 and as large as $40M, performed in every time zone of the United States.
Known as a leading one-stop shop provider for complex industrial services, Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. delivers comprehensive and innovative solutions to our clients in a safe and cost effective manner. As a vital member of the Bilfinger Industrial Services global network, Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. employs team members instilled with a work ethic of integrity and quality.
Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced Site Quality Control and Certified Welding Inspector at our Inwood, WV location. This position requires a self-motivated individual to oversee the project welding inspection program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Actively participate in all site safety programs and ensure robust compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Ensure subcontractors associated with project follow all site rules and policies.
- Perform Certified Welding Inspector Services for all welding operations at the project site.
- Act as liaison with Client’s Quality Assurance Control Manager and Code Authorized Inspector(s).
- Develop working knowledge of Company Quality Control Program.
- Perform daily inspections, monitor material fit-up and welding during welding & fabrication operations.
- Conduct welder qualification and certification of all welders on the site.
- Perform receiving inspections of incoming material, fabrications, and equipment to ensure conformance to technical and quality requirements.
- Coordinate quality control inspection schedules with other department and contractor schedules.
- Lead the resolution of technical and quality related problems and questions.
- Conduct NDE testing; Identify and drive the resolution of nonconformance items.
- Maintain work performance records, inspection records, welding logs and other related items. Ensure correctness of documents of all construction contractors on the site & issue periodic status reports.
- Actively participate and contribute to client quality meetings; Periodically update the Bilfinger Site Manager & Client Quality Manager on status of work, issues and other information as requested.
- Train and coach contractors of the site required construction turnover documentation and ensure its turned in.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills required.
- Current AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) credential required.
- Knowledge of nondestructive testing methods and equipment; visual, remote visual, leak, liquid penetrate.
- ANST certification desired. Knowledge of industry standard technical documents, such as, but not limited to; ASME, AWS, API.
- Computer literate using Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please reach out to Gregory Dwayne Dunning (email@example.com) in case of any questions related to this position.
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Fraudulent employment offers
We are aware that fraudulent employment offers are being transmitted via email by people claiming to be employees or representatives of Bilfinger. Prospective candidates are provided job descriptions and employment letters and are asked to complete and return employment information forms as well as official tax forms. These job offers may look genuine and could include names of Bilfinger legal entities, Bilfinger executives, their signatures, seals of “authenticity”, the Bilfinger brand and logo.
Please be advised that these communications are FRAUDULENT and are NOT sent from anyone within or affiliated with Bilfinger. These email messages are a scam and should be treated as such. Bilfinger does not make job offers via social media, unsolicited email or without personally interviewing candidates first. We never send you cheques in order to pay contractors to set up a home office. Never send money or pass on personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with Bilfinger, and never reply to an email address that does not end in @bilfinger.com.
If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have. You also may forward the messages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in an employment with Bilfinger, please submit your application in the safe environment of our global job portal only.