New job Project Manager in Missouri
Company : Lake Regional Health System
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Missouri
Supporting all areas of the health system, the Project Manager (PM) is responsible for performing project management functions for organizational and department specific projects, supporting all areas of the health system.
The PM works closely with the CIO, Director of Applications, PMO, Information Technology Manager and project stakeholders in managing to project objectives and communicating project status, requirements, and delegations.
Provides leadership strengths to enable the entire team to perform with maximum commitment, creativity, and productivity. Use knowledge of team members’ strengths and weaknesses, and the organization’s expectations and performance to manage the project to a highly satisfactory conclusion.
Constantly strives to upgrade professional abilities in support of the organization. Seeks methods to improve administrative skills. Studies project management literature, government and quality regulations that drive organizational change, increases knowledge of the project-specific subject, increases skill in automation, and initiates methods improvements.
Position Accountabilities and Essential Duties:
- Facilitates the development of project charter, scope, requirements, budget, RFP, selection process and other standard project management deliverables.
- Develops or reviews and approves consultant work statements and budgets that define scope and schedule for work efforts.
- Supervision of work related to assigned project(s), including individuals engaged as consultants.
- Collaborates with PMO and CIO to balance scope, budget, and resources across multiple projects.
- Monitor and analyze project progress to identify potential issues and opportunities; clearly communicate findings and recommendations to leaders and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Review and assess the potential impact of system changes/enhancements as they relate to assigned project(s); proactively communicate and make recommendations as applicable.
- Monitors and updates project plans and status reports for reporting to sponsors and stakeholders.
- Assists with establishing project-related advisory panels.
- Institutes and oversees quality control of work products.
- Maintain routine tasks effectively and on schedule. Ensure backup as needed when out or workload priorities conflict.
- Assists with the development of training and test plans.
- Ensures projects are completed on schedule in a technically satisfactory manner and within budget and scope. Escalate barriers through leadership as needed.
- Provide education/knowledge-share to stakeholders to foster understanding of issues, opportunities, changes, recommendations, etc.
- Reviews, tracks, and gains approval for project expenditures, vendor invoices as needed.
- Provides detailed meeting minutes when appropriate for tracking and documentation purposes.
- Proactively review and be informed on industry changes and best practices, specifically in areas of assigned responsibility; communicate and make recommendations as applicable.
- Assists with identifying projects to be pursued, and contacts vendors and internal departments, in consultation with PMO, Director of Applications, and CIO.
- Develops technical and application skills as necessary to support new and existing systems.
- Perform other tasks or special projects, as needed.
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or similar degree preferred; or 5 years of related experience in lieu of degree. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Experience Preferred: A minimum of 3 years demonstrated project management experience preferably in healthcare, information technology or related field.
Location: Lake Regional Health System · Project Management (01.9599)
Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, M-F, 8-5pm