New job Program Coordinator - Student Financial Services in West Virginia
|Program Coordinator - Student Financial Services|
Program Coordinator - Student Financial Services
Company : Careers | West Virginia University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Virginia
The department of Student Financial Services is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting with the administration of financial aid funds, including the awarding of financial aid to eligible students, by reviewing required documentation and making necessary updates to ensure the accurate awarding of federal, state, institutional and private funds. This position works with other financial aid staff, related institutional offices and external agencies to ensure efficient, accurate, and timely delivery of funds for students.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Administer the accurate delivery of financial aid by effectively analyzing student records and making necessary updates and corrections based on documentation received.
- Employ professional judgement, as authorized by the Department of Education, to make changes to FAFSA data elements to ensure financial aid eligibility is based on a student’s current family financial situation.
- Communicate clearly about documentation students/parents need to provide, updates systems to reflect needed documentation. Reviews documentation once received, verifies we have received the necessary information, makes reasonable, informed, fair and consistent decisions on courses of action and makes necessary adjustments to accurately reflect a student’s financial aid eligibility. Documents situation and any changes/adjustments that are made.
- Collaborate with team-members to determine daily priorities, and division of work based on the established expectations of management.
- Communicate clearly with team and other SFS staff to resolve issues, request or offer assistance, and to ensure student needs are being met accurately and timely.
- Resolve complex problems by analyzing financial and other documents and researching federal, state and institutional regulations.
- Manage conflicts and resolve complaints and develop prevention strategies.
- Design, develop and implement educational service programs related to financial aid.
- Counsel and thoroughly explain financial aid processes to customers via in-person, online or telephone.
- Respond to questions from internal customers concerning processes in which staff member is involved and/or work staff member has completed. Routinely answers “acknowledged” and “In Process” tickets and assists with tickets during peak times.
- Continually monitors the ever-changing rules, regulations, policy bulletins and statutes from federal, state, other agencies and the University.
- Continually review, update and follow policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations and to ensure best practices are in place.
- Train staff in areas of expertise.
- Perform other financial aid related duties as assigned by supervisor and other senior SFS staff.
- Master’s degree preferred, A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Three (3) years of experience:
- Experience with the review, critique, analysis of complex data which leads to sound decisions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume student services area with the ability to efficiently and accurately describe complex information needed and format in which information can be delivered.
- Experience various technologies such as Word, Excel, complex information systems, and/or relational databases to analyze data necessary to resolve issues is strongly preferred. Experience with the Banner Student Information System is desired.
- Experience working in higher education or related field in an administrative, data-driven field with preference given to applicants with document review requiring analytical ability and professional judgment preferred.
- Must have problem solving skills that include:
- Ability to work on multiple tasks while exercising sound analytical and professional judgment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- An attention to details.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and/or follow established priorities.
- Ability to work with and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow complex instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to document work performed.
- Environmental skills that include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, student-centered environment.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism, at all times.
- Strong skills in areas related to service, curiosity, respect, accountability and appreciation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to federal databases such as, but not limited to, FAA Access, COD and NSLDS.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.