New job Program Analyst 3 in Pennsylvania
|Program Analyst 3|
Program Analyst 3
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $58,895 - $89,448 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
This position is responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting program data generated by the Department’s data systems to support budget-forecasting activities across the Department.
Analysis is based on actual expenditure data summarized by provider type, type of service, and category of assistance for several geographical zones within the Commonwealth.
This position is also responsible for several special projects as assigned by the Bureau and/or Office director to assist in the fiscal analysis of budget initiatives and revenue maximization plans including the preparation of charts, graphs, and other written materials supports projects.
This position assists and in certain cases takes a lead role in the development of financial analysis related to state and federal legislation.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position can be found in the position description.
- Work hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with 1 hour lunch period.
- You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) full-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year as a Program Analyst 2; OR three years of analytical experience, two of which include professional experience in program evaluation and the development of program recommendations, and a bachelor's degree; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.