New job Production Support Clerk 4 pm - 12:30 am in South Carolina
|Production Support Clerk 4 pm - 12:30 am|
Production Support Clerk 4 pm - 12:30 am
Company : BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
Salary : Details not provided
Location : South Carolina
Receive shipments from supply department and outside vendors. Pull inventory (inserts, envelopes) for each job/operator. Deliver/Replenish operator supplies. Keep inserts and envelopes organized on production floor and in warehouse. Keep production floor and warehouse free from obstacles, trash, and unused supplies. Operate high speed sorting and inserting equipment as needed. **Mail procedures require the adherence to the USPS regulations governing mail and adherence to federal privacy regulations.**
- Provide support to inserter, sorter, and manual mail operators. Pull inventory (envelopes/inserts) for each operator, each job. Deliver and replenish operator supplies needed for production. Remove trash and unused supplies from operator work area. Keep entire production floor free from obstacles and clutter.
- Operate inserter machines using personal computer driven software to process Explanation of Benefits, remittances, bills, and letters in a high volume (usually 10,000-15,000 pieces per hour) production setting. Cut, fold, insert, and apply postage to outgoing mail. Assist sorter operations by working the line, moving sorted mail from pockets to trays while performing routine quality checks. Provide support to the sorters by moving finished pallets from the production floor and prepping them for USPS pickup in the warehouse.
- Responsible for inventory administration. Keep all inserts organized efficiently on production floor and in warehouse. Keep all envelopes organized within warehouse. Maintain adequate supplies of postal equipment (mail trays, pallets, sleeves, etc. for USPS). Assist with ordering of supplies, inserts, and envelopes. Maintain clean storage area in warehouse, including removing trash and boxes.
- Receive deliveries and coordinate pickups. Receive supply of envelopes and inserts from vendors, and verify and document deliveries. Assist with daily mail pick-ups from vendors and USPS personnel. Maintain building security while doors are open (doors must be closed and locked except for pickups and deliveries).
- Responsible for the timely preparation of spoiled postage for refund acceptance from the USPS, ensuring accurate preparation and calculation of refunds.
Required Work Experience:
- 1 year experience working in a business or production environment, or a government agency.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified on forklift within 90 days of hire.
- Obtain Pitney Bowes Inserter Operator certification within six months of hire.
Skills and Abilities:
- Coordinates delivery and receiving
- Coordinates production schedules
- Maintains mail equipment
- Manages inventories
- Operates mail equipment
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.