New job Parking Ambassador in Vermont
Company : City of Burlington, Vermont
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Vermont
This position is customer focused service responsible for providing information, assistance, and as necessary processing transactions using fee computers for customers exiting parking facilities while referring more complex billing and ticket fee issues to Shift Leader, Operation Foreman of Parking and Maintenance Foreman of Parking respectively. In addition, this position assists maintenance personnel in maintaining a clean, welcoming, and professional environment in the City’s off-street parking facilities.
This shift is Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday – 3pm to 11pm.
Union: American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME).
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as front line ambassador for the City of Burlington by actively engaging with and providing assistance, answer questions and provide directions to customers.
- Process transactions and collect fees from customers in a courteous and respectful manner using automated fee computers for exiting vehicles and assist customers with the use of self-service/self-pay equipment.
- Assist with routine customer payment issues and refer all other payment claim matters to supervisors.
- Remain informed of special events and attractions in the Chittenden County area.
- Refill ticket spitters with tickets and clear spitter jams as needed.
- Monitor phones, radios, surveillance cameras, door alarms, and weather-related equipment as directed.
- Work in multiple work locations as needed.
- Monitor garage environment and report unusual events or hazardous conditions to supervisor or security.
- Sweep, vacuum, wipe surfaces and assist in maintaining a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
- Report to supervisor on inventory and supply needs.
- Assist with monitoring and counting vehicles in parking garage including directing vehicles to alternate when necessary.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements
- Ability to actively support City diversity, equity, and cultural competency efforts within stated job responsibilities and work effectively across diverse cultures and constituencies.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as evidenced by ongoing trainings and professional development.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a public service capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to process monetary transactions and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Punctuality and the ability to be on-site as scheduled.
- Ability to remain on-site for entire shift.
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work weekend, night and holiday shifts as needed.
- Ability to properly use equipment including communication devices.
- Ability to work extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both orally and in writing.
- Must conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Present a professional and tidy appearance at all times through conscientious adherence to uniform policy.
- Ability to interact with the general public, staff members, supervisors, outside contractors and various professional and private customers in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the face of confrontation and stressful situations.
- Regular attendance is necessary and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions.
- Ability to understand and comply with City standards, safety rules and personnel policies.
Promoting a culture that reveres diversity and equity
The City of Burlington is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are strongly committed to creating a dynamic and equitable work-force that mirrors the population and world that we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, crime victim status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status, or genetic information in employment or the provision of services.
In addition to being an equal opportunity employer we actively encourage applicants who can contribute to our growing diversity to apply.
Applications for our employment opportunities are only accepted online through our Government Jobs website.
For accessibility information or alternative formats, please contact Human Resources Department at 802-540-3057 or email@example.com.
The City of Burlington is proud to offer full time employees a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
Medical/Dental Insurance Coverage
Prescription Drug Coverage
Flexible Spending Programs
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Paid Leave (Sick and Vacation)
Contributory Retirement Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Discounted Gym Memberships
Education benefits through Champlain College
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness Bonus Program
Local Resort Discounts
Subsidized Transportation Options
For additional details please visit https://www.burlingtonvt.gov/HR
Location: 645A Pine Street,Burlington,VT, Burlington, VT
Job Type: Part-time