New job Packaging Specialist in New Mexico
Company : Gem Technologies Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Mexico
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Packaging Specialist to join our team at a federal site in Los Alamos, NM, that provides integral mission support to the Department of Energy.
- Ensures safe and compliant packaging and transportation of any and all classes of Nuclear Material, Explosives, Hazardous Materials, and/or Classified Matter.
- Utilizes expertise in hazardous material packaging and/or classified packaging and transportation (HMPT) regulations.
- Performs management, disposition, coordination, quality control and storage functions related to Nuclear Material; Explosives, other Hazardous Materials; and/or Classified Matter.
- Assists more senior level staff in resolving a diverse range of complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Continually supervised and follows detailed instruction in fulfillment of projects or work assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- A basic understanding of applicable safety basis documentation is required (i.e., Documented Safety Requirements (DSAs); Technical Safety Requirements (TSRs); the Transportation Safety Document (TSD); Safety Analysis Reports for Packages (SARPs); and the Explosive Safety Manual).
- Able to pass additional DOE-specific training as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government-issued clearance, if needed.
- Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizenship is required.
About GEM: GEM Technologies (GEM) is a federal contractor with more than 25 years of experience providing Construction, Environmental Remediation, Facilities Infrastructure Support, and Technical & Professional Services at government and commercial facilities across the United States. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, Tennessee, with regional offices in Amarillo, Texas; Idaho Falls, Idaho; Piketon, Ohio; and Albany, Georgia. For more information, visit our website at www.GEMTechnologiesInc.com
GEM Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Type: Full-time