New job Operations & Policy Analyst in Oregon
|Operations & Policy Analyst|
Operations & Policy Analyst
Company : Bureau of Labor and Industries
Salary : $5,106 - $7,847 a month
Location : Oregon
Initial Posting Date:09/09/2021
Agency:Bureau of Labor and Industries
Salary Range:$5,106 - $7,847
Position Title:Operations & Policy Analyst 3 - Civil Rights Contract Analyst
To protect employment rights, advance employment opportunities, and ensure access to housing and public accommodations free from discrimination.
The Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) is dedicated to protecting the rights of workers and citizens to equal, non-discriminatory treatment through the enforcement of anti-discrimination laws that apply to workplaces, housing and public accommodations. We also encourage and enforce compliance with state laws relating to wages, hours, and terms and conditions of employment, educate and train employers to understand and comply with both wage and hour and civil rights law, and promote the development of a highly skilled, competitive workforce in Oregon through apprenticeship programs and through partnerships with government, labor, business, and education institutions.
This position is with the Civil Rights Division (CRD) which enforces State statutes related to unlawful discrimination in employment, housing, public accommodation, and private vocational, professional, and trade schools. In addition, the Division enforces related Federal, State and local laws through work share agreements with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the City of Portland.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a productive and creative environment
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
- Advancement and learning opportunities that will help grow your career with the State of Oregon
- Live, work, and play in Portland, Oregon
Here’s what you will do:
Develop standards of program operation and assist in the implementation of those standards as per applicable rules, guidelines and legislation; intersect with local, state and federal program contractor entities; serve as the liaison and contract manager between CRD and contractor partners; manage the integration of CRD contractor programs between the various community and governmental entities in keeping the varying standards of each entity; assist in the development and tracking of the Division’s key performance measures; assess and track CRD case management systems to ensure full integration and utilization of systems as appropriate; and support the strategic direction of the CRD Division by assisting in project and budget development and operation.
Here’s what you need to qualify:
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification.
Please ensure that you clearly demonstrate in your application materials that you meet the qualifications listed and that you follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you not being considered for the job.
T he State of Oregon is requiring all executive branch employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series by October 18, 2021 unless the employee receives a medical or religious exception/accommodation. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception/accommodation by October 18, 2021. For more information, visit https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/50.000.03-COVID-19-Vaccination-Requirements.pdf .
How to apply:
- To apply for this position, click on the "Apply" button to fill out the online application and complete the questionnaire.
- A resume and cover letter are required for this job posting . Please attach both documents in the “Resume / CV” section of the application.
- Only complete applications received by the posted application deadline date will be considered.
After you apply:
- Log in to your Workday account before the job announcement closes to see if you have any pending tasks or actions. These can be found under the “My Applications” section.
- Make sure to complete these tasks or actions before the job announcement closes.
- Be sure to check both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment.
- Please save a copy of this job announcement for your reference, as it may not be available for you to view after the job closes.
- You may be asked to complete a skills assessment or submit a writing sample as part of the application screening process.
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. Prior to an offer of employment, BOLI may request that you provide an official driving record.
- Employment will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
- Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. For further information, please see the following website: Veterans Resources . You may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1-800-692-9666. NOTE: If claiming veterans preference please be sure to check your Workday account for pending tasks or actions under your “My Applications” section.
- The Bureau of Labor and Industries does not offer VISA sponsorships. Within three days of hire, you will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States.
Helpful Links And Contact Information:
Learn more about BOLI
Understanding the State Application Process
Help & Support webpage
For additional information you may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 971.673.5288.