New job Motor Vehicle Operator in Alabama
|Motor Vehicle Operator|
Motor Vehicle Operator
Company : U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command
Salary : $21.06 - $24.60 an hour
Location : Alabama
About the Position:
The Anniston Army Depot is located in Anniston, Alabama in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain chain halfway between Atlanta, GA and Birmingham, AL just off Interstate 20. The Depot is the largest employer in Calhoun County with approximately 4000 employees.
- Transport a variety of ammunition, explosives, special weapons, and their components to various locations on the Depot.
- Maintain constant visual and physical coordination while operating a gasoline or diesel-powered truck-tractor with semi-trailer, with air brakes.
- Assure material is loaded and stored in accordance with drawings.
- Determine the best means of approach and egress, considering safety and economy of operations, and to make difficult clearance judgments where maneuverability is restricted and accuracy is critic.
- Secure and arrange cargo for proper weight distribution to assure that the load will not shift or fall.
- Make precision load placements where exact movements must be made to position the load precisely and safely.
Job family (Series)
5703 Motor Vehicle Operating
- Loaders, Truck
- Motor Vehicle Operators
- Truck Loaders
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain a forklift license.
- This position requires the incumbent to possess a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- This position requires the incumbent to comply with the Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements
- This position requires the incumbent to satisfactorily complete and pass an annual Medical Examination administered by Anniston Army Depot.
- Incumbent is required to complete a DA FORM 7281-R (Command Oriented Arms, Ammunition and Explosives Security Screening and Evaluation Record) per Army Regulation (AR) 190-11.
- This position requires the incumbent to meet the requirements of AMC-R 350-4, Training and Certification Program for Personnel Working in Ammunition Operations.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg amendment to the gun control of 1968 which makes it a felony for anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence to ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms or ammunition.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Motor Vehicle Operator~ without more than normal supervision. Preform duties in operating motor vehicle capable of carrying loads from 1 1/2 ton to less than four-ton capacity. Operate vehicles that are equipped with transmission that will provide up to five forward speeds and two driving wheels. Transports supplies, equipment and materials from one location to another safely. Assures that cargo is properly located, distributed, and secured, and that vehicle is not loaded beyond capacity. Completes trip tickets and preventive maintenance service records; fills out driver's accident report in case of accident. Performs driver's maintenance in accordance with established rules and regulations. I am skilled in operating various makes and models of fork lift trucks, lifting loads less than 10,000 pounds and capable of lifting loads to a height of 168 inches, in unloading, transporting, stacking or loading palletized and unpalletized supplies and equipment to and from vans, trucks, warehouses and docks. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- PHYSICAL EFFORT: Worker is subject to continuous physical strain from simultaneously manipulating many levers and controls; from lifting and handling heavy containers, from vibrations caused by the container handler; and from jerking and jolting motions while lifting and moving loads. Work involves continuous climbing, reaching, bending, and twisting of body. Requires lifting, positioning, and carrying items up to 40 pounds while loading or unloading cargo. May occasionally lift heavier items with assistance. Moderate physical effort is required to make truck-tractor and semi-trailer connections. There is continuous physical activity in reaching, bending, turning, or moving feet and legs to manipulate controls. Subject to cut, scratches, and bruises from loading or unloading vehicles. Subject to possible serious injury resulting from traffic accidents. Is required to work on concrete floors. Work is performed where there is unpleasant dust, dirt, fumes, and noise from truck operations. May wear masks, gloves, goggles, and rubber books as appropriate.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Equipment is operated outside during periods of extreme heat and cold from a cab that is enclosed. Operator is subject to noise, dirt, dust, and fumes; and is exposed to danger from moving machinery and the overturning of the container handler. Accomplishment of duties requires the wearing of protective clothing such as safety shoes; glasses, coveralls, etc. There is a chance of injuries ranging from loss of life to burns, cuts, bruises, strains, and nausea.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required...
- This is a Career Program (CP) 24 - Transportation and Distribution Management position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Domestic Defense Industrial Base (DIB) Facilities to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.