New job Manager, Housekeeping in Alaska
Company : Holland America Line Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alaska
Manager, Housekeeping-Denali National Park, AK
Service Excellence. Performance. Integrity. Teamwork. Consistency. Innovation.
Our McKinley Chalet resort team is looking for a Housekeeping Manager. This position is responsible for managing all phases of housekeeping and laundry activities, operations and staff in accordance to Company policies and procedures. You will work the Hotel Services Manager to ensure timeliness of services and room statuses.
- Oversees and manages the housekeeping and laundry activities, operations, and staff.
- Trains and coaches all employees in the different aspects of the job.
- Coordinates and monitors housekeeping and laundry activities to meet customer satisfaction goals.
- Regular radio communication with all hotel staff; providing updates on room statuses.
- Regularly observes housekeeping operations; identifies areas of improvement, makes recommendations, and implements approved plans or programs.
- Communicates any safety or service concerns to appropriate leadership in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training of all Housekeeping staff.
- Create schedules for all teams while in accordance to company budget, policies and procedures
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, objectives and applicable government laws and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification is required. Associate Degree is preferred.
- Three years of progressively responsible positions in housekeeping is preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a business environment is required.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business application, with working knowledge of computerized hotel reservations systems.
- Dedicated commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check that includes a credit check.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to prioritize work, maintain attention to time constraints, while working in a team or group environment.
- The ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and external influences.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving daily goals.
- The ability to communicate, coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments, management, and staff.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs/23 kgs.
- Ability to stand/walk/work on feet for minimum of 8 hours/day.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) Plan Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture…Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/ .
Holland America Line and Princess are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.