New job Mail Processor in South Carolina
Company : Exela Technologies Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : South Carolina
Receives, sorts, processes, and routes incoming and outgoing mail for the mail services department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Sorts incoming mail for distribution and dispatches outgoing mail: Opens envelopes by hand or machine.
- Stamps date and time of receipt on incoming mail.
- Sorts mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
- Readdresses undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect addresses.
- Examines outgoing mail for appearance and seals envelopes by hand or machine.
- Stamps outgoing mail by hand or with a postage meter.
- May fold letters or circulars and insert them in envelopes.
· Participate in cross-training and assist data entry team during slow periods
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned
- Persuasive communication skills necessary to collect essential information, answer questions, and direct callers to appropriate personnel in a professional and courteous manner
- Developed interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas, and government agencies as required
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around complex, multiple assignments
- Physical demands may include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping. May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 25 lbs.